Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallout Case: Ideas Wanted

Default Fallout Case: Ideas Wanted

Hi there guys, most of you know that The integration Project Stage 2 is a Fallout themed computer.

Although things are a little funny at the moment, and i'm running around with a lot of ideas in my head, i want to know what you think a Fallout tribute computer should look like. What features should ot have?

Now i really want this particular case to be spectacular. I'm prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to make this case something special.

I just want to hear the input from the Fallout fans on the boards-i'm been talking to certain companies and developers about the case as well, so there might be other influences in there. But don't ask me about that because i can't say anything yet.

Just think back to Fallout, and then...whatever comes to your mind, write it down.

UNLESS. Your suggestion is to shove it in a suitcase and write GECK on it. That's:

a) not creative
    b) been done before

Looking forward to brainstorming with you guys.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Default Re: Fallout Case: Ideas Wanted

Man thats like one of my fav game...and still hoping Fallout 3 is true. Why not make it in the shape of the helmet of their power suit (forgot what its called, the alien like helmet on the cover)

Ahhh found it...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.gif

Case pics? I think it would be neat to do a server case (i thought the DOOM case was awesome) in black, then work from there
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Fresh Paint

Just throw out some ideas for you.

Use this image for reference to the following information.

The visor could be made to stealth an optical drive, just by looking at that picture you can tell that it would be oh so hidden yet very functional.

The hoses running from the mask could also become functional as well as you
    could house a waterpump inside it running the tubing out through the mask, filling the tubing with green UV reactive coolant would add a very interesting effect.

The side vents on that mask could also have some 80mm fans behind them blowing through a duct onto your harddrives which would be located just beneath the optical drive.

As you can see on the mask at the mouth intake portion there is an arrow pointing clockwise, what you could do is turn that mouth vent into an on-off switch.

Now, for the rest of the case.

I understand that painting to get a rust effect works amazingly well, but why not go for the real deal? Use a clear sealant spray on oxodized metal to achieve an authentic rusted look, use this for fan grills, ect.

I don't know what sort of hardware you are going for in this build, but if you're doing two cards in SLi..why not watercool both GPU's, Northbridge and CPU all on seperate lines?

One main pump housed inside the front panel mask, with three pumps mounted in a 5 1/4 bay, it always stuck me as odd when people would have water cooling setups that took water in, pushed to CPU, then pushed the heated water to their GPU, this way you can build quite an impressively large reservoir to house enough water to run such a complicated system.

PUMP1->CPU->Radiator->Resevoir-> Out to pumps.
    PUMP2->GPU1->Radiator->Reservoir-> Out to pumps.
    PUMP3->GPU2->Radiator->Resevoir-> Out to pumps.
    PUMP4->Northbridge->Radiator->Reservoir-> Out to pumps.

Why all this work?

You will be able to use smaller narrower tubes for the northbridge waterblock, medium sized tubes for the GPU waterblocks and a larger tube for the CPU lines.

But why?

http://www.easleys.com/index.asp?Pag...D&ProdID=11346

If you go to that website you'll find a product called "Butchers Beating Heart" a battery powered fake heart that appears to be beating, simply running the lines through this (just for show, don't split the lines..in one end out the other)
    Will give the effect that this fake heart is pumping the liquid in all the lines.

The resevoir can a smaller coffee can, sprayed inside with sealant to prevent against corrosion, proper fittings and such used with proper sealant to make it watertight ect, paint that sucker to look like a barrel of toxic waste.

I have to lay off the coffee.

P.S.

Put the heart "pump" in a plexiglass cylinder full of clear gel and mount it to the side of your machine externally, put some red leds in there and bam.
    "The way you post reminds me of Tom Hanks in the Ladykillers" - mrbona2

HS religion teacher: "What do you hope to give the world when you die?"
    Me: "A large smoking crater"

Holy Crap, that's some extensive feedback!

I like the head ideas. But i want to see where Bethesda are taking Fallout 3 before i commit myself to something like that.

The rust idea is nuts, but i don't think it's a good idea. Rust paint would be better to do.

I like the heart idea, but it's not very 'fallouty'.

The case i'm using is...damn! I loaned my camera. I won't have it back till monday at the latest.

Keep the ideas coming guys, i'm loving what you've come up with so far. I'm not promising to use any ideas, but i want to chuck some ideas around.

What also surprises me is that none of the replys are from Fallout fans i know-so there's more ideas still to come!

Thanks again.

-Dave

Curiosity has lead me to search something about fallout, that i was understanding like a "shelter likely" instead the video game.

I've found this:
    http://opcg.net/gry/Fff/fallout/scre..._nr_1_duzy.jpg
    The best option if you want to change the look of your xbox hawhaw

Also got this:
    http://media.teamxbox.com/dailyposts..._wallpaper.jpg
    But i doubt if you could make that b**bs in your case....

I agree with Dlpriest
    http://www.stargazr.us/Flags/fallout.jpg
    This pic is impressive and a good point to start. But maybe complicated or near impossible to get some shapes on a case.

I've been searching but i can't find any special object. For example i had an idea to make a case with the suit and life stations from HL2 or with the storage supply (lcd included ) or one of the unnumbered "servers" of the DOOM3 . If you can find something special in fallout like terminals, servers, machines, not common shape boxes... etc... you could get a themed case with a special design with something directly from the game.
    Everybody thinks in HL2 and imagine their cases with rust, hoses and green liquid, but nobody thinks in a simply Black Mesa wooden Box or a life station and they are more "HL2" than rust.
    Taking a example from the forum, you could make a Lambourghini themed case with some stickers or make a lambourghini (more or less) like MDCS

Quote Originally Posted by Kumo
    I've found this:
    http://opcg.net/gry/Fff/fallout/scre..._nr_1_duzy.jpg
    The best option if you want to change the look of your xbox hawhaw
    Lol @ the first pix. I remembered trying to steal from one of those guards and my team got owned

ATX Mental Case

Fallout rocked in the days where i didnt have internet... (Yeah i know... Life wifeout internet? :O!) lol but im into FPS because of the graphics etc....
    COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE W00T!

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by dlpriest
    Just throw out some ideas for you.

Use this image for reference to the following information.

*image*

The visor could be made to stealth an optical drive, just by looking at that picture you can tell that it would be oh so hidden yet very functional.

*Insert great idea*

I have to lay off the coffee.

P.S.

Put the heart "pump" in a plexiglass cylinder full of clear gel and mount it to the side of your machine externally, put some red leds in there and bam.
    I like the idea, i even might take a try to make it, but only with your permission. So hereby i ask you to allow me to make that case

But what would you do with the rest of the case? You talked about a rusty look. But how would you do the transition then?

I'd really like to give it a try, but only if you allow me to, and if DaveW won't do it

Feel free to give it a shot. I'm still pumping ideas through my head, and trying to work things out. I'm also working in a tiny case, and trying to get everything into the small space avaliable.

-Dave