Thread: As long as the power supply connected to the motherboard, should the light be on?

Default As long as the power supply connected to the motherboard, should the light be on?

As long as I have the 24 pin connector plugged into the motherboard, should the light on the motherboard be on? I'm not able to get the computer to turn on right now, and the motherboard's light isn't on either.

Is the connector supposed to not have a wire and pin for that one thing

http://codeinsurrection.com/pics/computer/PICT5305.JPG
    http://codeinsurrection.com/pics/computer/PICT5308.JPG

Dude...totally!

Default Re: As long as the power supply connected to the motherboard, should the light be on?

i believe that there is the one spot without a wire. soi ouwldnt worry about that. sopunds like your just missing something small, i would just go through every connection and switch until you find the one that isnt secure. if that doesnt work, start unplugging non essential devices, harddrives are essential to boot into windows but not for getting it to post

Default Re: As long as the power supply connected to the motherboard, should the light be on?

I don't even have Windows installed yet. Think the power supply could be dead? Everything was ordered new and just arrived today, I better have not recieved a dead unit.

ATX Mental Case

If the power supply is on and all the the wires are properly connected, the light should be on. If your sure you have everything right, then you could have a dead mobo.

Well, I took the power supply for this computer I'm on now, hooked it up, flipped it on, and the light on the motherboard went on. So it looks like the problem is a dead PSU. I'll have to send it in and get it replaced now.

Today is a good day to compute. The Black Pumpkin's Avatar

It looks like it's because of that missing wire. I've never seen one missing one before. If you have practice with it, open it up and add a wire if you can. Otherwise, send it back.