View Poll Results: Would you rather have a 360 or good gaming PC?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll

1 3.03%
  • PC

32 96.97%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 360 vs. PC?

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Default Re: 360 vs. PC?

Yeah, I've played 360 a couple times and love it but theres nothing like playin a game at 80fps and 1920x1200 with a mouse and keyboard.

But heres the question: if USB mice and keyboards worked on 360 then what would you want? :p

By the way the Wii's cool and I like the name but Revolution just sounded soooooo much better.

Rankenphile

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird
    By the way the Wii's cool and I like the name but Revolution just sounded soooooo much better.
    As much as I agree with you, you have to realize that pronouncing the name "Revolution" in Japan is practically impossible, and even thinking about selling something called Revolution in China is a serious no-no.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird
    But heres the question: if USB mice and keyboards worked on 360 then what would you want? :p
    PC still otherwise I would have to use an xbox 360 at a desk and sit way to close to a tv screen.

Would kinda defeat the purpose of it being a console.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    As much as I agree with you, you have to realize that pronouncing the name "Revolution" in Japan is practically impossible, and even thinking about selling something called Revolution in China is a serious no-no.
    I never thought about it that way.

Heh that would be funny in China (translated)

Two guys in a street in china

Guy 1: "So you bought the new revolution"

Guy 2 "tratior!"

*beatings with big sticks follow.
    Need a sig

Dude...totally!

this poll does seem a bit one sided

Overclocked

OMG im a minority. problem with gaming pcs, is every time a ground breaking game comes out, you need to fork out loads to buy new hardware. with the xbox, i never upgraded it, and up until about a year ago, it had graphics that rivalled most pcs.

besides, who wants to have a mouse and keyboard on their lap when sat in front of a 32inch lcd? and have a cable dangling accross the carpet for the headset (cos lets face it, wireless headsets suck).

oh, and 360 is great for content. i dont have to go onto five or six different sites to find the new maps or whatever, its in one place. the updates are semi-auto, so as soon as you boot the game, you can upgrade to it. i also dont have to use a credit card to pay for premium content. i can just walk to the game store, hand the guy £17 and get 2000 points.

and i can keep track of what games i have, what games friends have, what they are doing right now, how many points they have, etc. i dont have to have a seperate app like xfire. and i can talk to them accross multiple games. leave them a voice message across games, send a video accross games.

360 is all round better for me. so what if i have to pay £40 a year for the best god damn online service ever. i dont care. i dont have to fork out £300 everytime a new game comes out cos i want to run it at 1280x1024 or whatever.

Rankenphile

I'm thoroughly impressed with what MS brought to the table this time around with the 360, and want one very badly. I'll probably end up getting one after Christmas.

But it will never replace my PC. You're talking apples and oranges here. Or apples and hammers. Or something. They are two completely separate beings with two completely separate uses.

But I'm still really, really excited about the Wii, no matter what you call it.

Razors Edge

Look,don't get me wrong but, Nintendo is great. I respect Nintendos reign of Marios, and Luigies and...whatever else they own. Now the Gamecube, I had one when I was 11, and when it first came out, but then I felt like it was too..."Kiddish". I mean sure Super Smash is great and all, but the rest of the games are designed for the smaller kids.

I fear that the WII will be the same thing as the gamecube with a few fancy motion sensing gimmicks. I always liked Xbox becuase I feel like it puts out a strong..Mature Gaming feel. I mean no system can deliver First Person Shooters and graphics like the first Xbox did. I tend to think of things like this.

Gamecube = children, lower aged gamers
    PS2 = All audiencies
    Xbox = more to the older and hardcore gamers

=====================
    With that said, I am agreeing with Rankenphile. An Xbox 360 is a gaming console, A Computer is a Computer. There is NO way to compare these two. But if you had to pick one over the other, of witch one you would rather have, thats differen't.

*EDIT - I have no idea why I made this post....?

Rankenphile

Tell my 25 year old fiancee that the gamecube is too "kiddy".

I'll be over here, watching her beat you with her Wavebird wireless controller and laughing.

MitaPi

Heres my half cent.

Not everyone wants a "hardcore" gaming rig like the 360. There are alot of "hardcore" gamers out there which is why the XBox sells like mad. But there are also alot of people who like the kind of games that nintendo puts out. Such as Rank's fiancee, who I believe is the main buyer of nintendo games?

Well that includes me too, I do like nintendo alot. Ripping people to pieces gets old after awhile for me. Thats when I bust out my N64 for some Mario Kart pwnage.

PC.... because i already have a 360 =P