Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Books are our friends!

MitaPi

Default Books are our friends!

These past three days I have been reading "The Inheritence" series (Eragon, Eldest, Empire.. all which are 6 letters long and start with E...). I have finished Eragon and I am approaching midway with Eldest very quickly and I am afraid that I will be finished by the end of the week at the very latest. Unfortunately Empire has not yet been released... which leaves me with a dilemma.

What shall I read when I am done with Eldest? I love a good book, especially one that can keep you on the edge of your seat and begging for more as if you couldnt read quick enough to reach the next chapter. Anyone know of any?

-MitaPi

Anodized

Default Re: Books are our friends!

Read a book that you can learn something from. Les Brown books are always nice.

Check out the other thread I started about books... There are some very good recommendations in there.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ead.php?t=4115
    RIP Bucko

That's classified.

I also ran into your problem MitaPi, I had finished Eldest this past spring and needed to find a new book.

Last month I finished reading the conclusion to The Bartimaeus Trilogy; which i bet you would like too.

After that you could read The Hobbit and then Lord of the Rings if you haven't already... (I still need to read the last 2)

And, of course, there are all the other books in .Maleficus.'s thread.

BTW, thanks for the name of the third book, I had been wondering when they would release the name for it. (I hope it has Galbatorix's black dragon on the cover )

MitaPi, I know how you feel. There aren't many good books in your grasp....
    I don't know about you guys but I like the Harry Potter books. The Lord of the Rings books are good also. Anyone read R.A. Salvatore's books? If not pick one up at your library or a book store. His books are awesome!
    Jon

I hate HP. Yet here I am, using a HP G60 Series notebook with an HP desktop sitting at my home desk.... But the best part is that it was all free. Now slowly switching to Dell stuff!

I just finished reading Carrie by Stephen King... man, is that one heck of a book. Very chilling. You should definately check it out.
    RIP Bucko

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Just read "Lord of the Flies" By William Golding. Pretty good, imo.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

MitaPi

Saw the movie, read part of the book. Didnt really like either oddly... those kind of books are usually right up my alley too. Guess I am getting slightly bored of that particular genre? hmmm...

Does anyone know of a book that is written with words that are so beautiful and descriptive (and well used) to the point where it could pass as if you were actually there visually seeing it? lmao hows that for a question? ^^ I crave books that are like that, but it seems to me that they are hard to find in the "master" level and also in my interest range. The books I am reading right now are great, dont get me wrong. But I just feel alot of the time I have to stop reading and actually think about what the writer is seeing in his mind. Which in the end is a small annoyance that doesnt bother me a whole lot, but it would be nice to read the work of someone who uses words to paint instead of brushes if you get what I mean. ^^

I think I may have a book (well, 3 actually) for you. At least I think the paints a good picture.

Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen. Written by Garth Nix.

Very good books, I highly recommend them.

Oh yeah, and the Ender series by Orson Scott Card.
    RIP Bucko