Thread: Help! What have i done???

Anodized

Question Help! What have i done???

OK, so i've set my newly modded pc up with a power-supply and watercooling loop, plugged everything in, tried to turn it on and nothing.

The fans and everything kick on for about 1/10 of a second (they twitch basically, and those with leds light up for the same space of time) and then the whole system stops.

The motherboard LED stays on and my mouse and keyboard still have power, but until i reset my PSU and do the same thing again, pressing the power button has no effect.

I'm really worried that i might have shorted my graphics card with TIM when i put the GPU block on. Its a 7800 GTX and i'm worried some TIM may have spilled from the GPU head onto the nearby components.

The only thing i can think of apart from that is i've overtaxed my PSU, but its a 580 watt Hiper and i'm only using 1 cd drive, 3 HDDs, 1 pump, 5 fans and motherboard power besides my GPU and FDD and LEDs.

I've tested the pump and individual fans and they work fine.

Any idea what i'm doing wrong?
    Live from Geordieland

Overclocked

Default Re: Help! What have i done???

umtake it aprt... everything.... and then systematicly put it back togather.. make sure everything is snug.. dont press to hard thats when accidents happen...
    but if im to guess.. maybe your new water park has moved a vital part just enough for you comp to go "hey dont touch me there." and throw a lil hissy fit, and now he's not talking to you.
    EPYK : very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary

lots of mod tutorials

Today is a good day to compute. The Black Pumpkin's Avatar

I've had a couple dead graphics cards, and it's most likely not the problem here, because the system should still boot up. Without video of course, but if nothing else is wrong, the graphics card won't do that.

Anodized

Now i've got it to turn on, with only two of the HDDs plugged in for now. But i'm getting no signal on my screen so i cant see what i'm doing. Any ideas?
    Live from Geordieland

Anodized

Thanks for the replies, i've got the whole thing working and just need to crack the whole bios instakking-without-****ing-up-windows part of starting it up.
    Live from Geordieland

Today is a good day to compute. The Black Pumpkin's Avatar

So what fixed it?

Anodized

I honestly have no idea, i need to buy a proper resevoir for the water cooling loop (my home-made one keeps leaking) but apart from that i think it was just not drawing too much from one particular power cable, ie. spreading the load. And the screen was a mixture of loose cables and my screen throwing a hissy fit.

Soon as that new Res arrives i'll up and running in no time.
    Live from Geordieland

Overclocked

good luck mate, btw home made res... leaking..... i'd have s%$t myself long ago!!