Thread: Wanted: Screenshots of Doom scary-face-walls

Default Wanted: Screenshots of Doom scary-face-walls

Hey

I'm trying to find exactly where I can find the Doom scary-face-wall pictures from the original doom like this one on the promotional doom movie poster http://www.freakygaming.com/gallery/...vie_poster.jpg

I cant get the game working because i'm under XP, whats the best remake with original textures, and where can i find them (if your not lazy, feel free to upload images )

Cheers
    -Fragged-

Default Re: Wanted: Screenshots of Doom scary-face-walls

I have a Doom CD with all the first Dooms. I got it from Wal-Mart for $10. It's made for XP. You could get that and just play the game, or go to www.gamespot.com and look for Doom and look at some screen shots.
    RIP Bucko

We dont get walmarts in australia, and the nearest game store EB Games has been prone to sell xp-uncompatable games claiming they are XP compatable, so theres no way i'm touching that ****, and downloading a copy of bittorrent or anything but HTTP is impossible (behind a filter, boarding school) so basically i need an alternative or an xp friendly demo/full copy via http, or just somebody to take the screenshots for me

Water Cooled

if you have the wad files you can DL ZDoom from here and run it just fine in XP. I have some screen shots i'll put up on my domain asap.

Ok I ran the game and got some screenshots.

Level completion screens (is this what you wanted?)
    doom4.png (Same thing in beige)
    End of game shots
    doom1.png (32k)
    doom2.png (32k)

I took shots from several levels and then used paint to cut/paste over the text but they put the text in roughtly the same place each time. I'll let you fiddle with it.

Thank you so much, I have been looking for these everywhere, and although there not what i remembered (I was 10 at the time) They might possibly be more useful, if i do end up making it into a case