23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Idea

12 52.17%
  • Mixed Feelings

11 47.83%
  • Bad Idea

0 0%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

MitaPi

Default Re: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

Yeah, I dont recommend these at all! I think I am going to get my very first pair. They were cool looking and they had snap on shades!

This bums me out alot though, I hope I can get enough money to start this project soon. I hate waiting!

You're going to need some REALLY long cables to hook all of that up in there...

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

MitaPi

Ah, this has also occured to me! My main concern is the HDD's since they are the farthest away from the PSU. I am sure I can find some extenders somewhere on the web though. Anyone know of any?

For everything else, I will be sure to read as many reviews as humanly possible on PSU's to see if anyone mentions extra long cable length. Which I believe I have a few times looking through computer components. Hopefully the PSU that I want to get has these extra bit of cable length cables. I believe it is called... Truepower II? Something like that, I dont have to worry too much now though, I doubt I will be able to afford anything other than case material any time soon. Hmm.. maybe I can telepathically pursuade my parents to buy me some of the more exspensive stuff?

How does sketchup work? Is it pretty simple to learn? Is it just for designing computer hardware, cases, etc? I'm interested in your project and have a bit of 3d modeling experience.

MitaPi

Sketchup couldn't be easier. I learned it in a weeks time ...Keep in mind I am a very slow learner as well. You can use it for anything you want just short of recreating a visually stunning dream. Of course you can still attempt it though! I find that sketchup basic free edition doesnt have the best... hmm... graphics? But it gets the job done well enough in the end. The only wish I have of it, would be, that it had smoother lines, more texture, and of course more options. Maybe it does and I have yet to discover it all... but I doubt it ...somewhat.

MitaPi

Overclocked

i recantly found out i could make bends in pipes and a bunch of other cool stuff
    EPYK : very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary

lots of mod tutorials

D'Oh

Ah, this has also occured to me! My main concern is the HDD's since they are the farthest away from the PSU. I am sure I can find some extenders somewhere on the web though. Anyone know of any?

For everything else, I will be sure to read as many reviews as humanly possible on PSU's to see if anyone mentions extra long cable length. Which I believe I have a few times looking through computer components. Hopefully the PSU that I want to get has these extra bit of cable length cables. I believe it is called... Truepower II? Something like that, I dont have to worry too much now though, I doubt I will be able to afford anything other than case material any time soon. Hmm.. maybe I can telepathically pursuade my parents to buy me some of the more exspensive stuff?
    So, if you want extenders, there is a nice way of getting them.. making them In the most noobish case, just buy a few meters/yards/3xfoot of black, red, yellow and black wire (makes it easier to follow the rules and avoid shorts and other accidents). they are very inexpensive, as there isn't a standard for "computer wire" (so no premium is payed for specialty merchendise ). also, u need some tools and patience to make/solder the connections. then you're set. you need 10foot cables, u make 'em... and u don't depend on anyone else for this... also, u can properly sleeve + heatshrink them Just remember to make the connections as best as you can: u want the voltage u need only where u need it! so, a multimeter is nice.. so is an external power source (battery?) for testing pourposes
    good luck... as doing the power cicuitry is easier than finding realy long data cables

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

if you have even a basic knowledege of soldering you can make your own cables for it

i had to do that for a friend who wanted "custom" cables for his ocz psu.... the ones he had me make i thought were ugly as sin...but he liked them....so now i got a nice set of ocz modular cables

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?

MitaPi

Ah, if only I had the brain to think of these things! ....well I guess thats why I am here on forums huh!? lol

... I just had a thought.. I KNOW! Amazing huh?

Could I make Modular cables for my PSU? Like cut my cables at a certain length and attach connectors to the end of them so I can plug in what ever cable I need?

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

yes you can

you just have to use a junction box so you can have enought space for the conectors rear, if am not wrong b4i7 made somethink like that, you should talk to him

LOUD AND PROUD !