Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: graphics card

Anodized

Default Re: graphics card

Yes SLI and Crossfire show only a tiny increase in performance on the usual resolutions..

I bought a 7900GT TOP by Asus, and the benchmarks looked really promising.. but I'm afraid that card is a bit above your budget.
    How much do the 7800GT's cost nowadays? Maybe that's an idea?

EDIT:

Oooh wait! Great Britain Pounds! I thought it said dollars or something. Well, since 250 GBP is 370 euros, you should be able to get one, I suppose

-That UPS guy delivered the wrong PSU. I'll teach him with my USP!-

hi i was thinking about a x1900xtx but is it worth it with direct 10 cards coming soon

CAN YOU WIN PLAYER OF THE WEEK!!!
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tbcs

Anodized

Probably since we're going to have to wait a while for dx10 and even longer for games that support it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Dude, for the love of god, get a grip. I'm an ATI boy myself, but i let my graphics cards do the talking-no-one takes you seriously if you go around talking like that.

-Dave
    And what is wrong with what i said i have proof to back up my rant... oh if you are going to "flame" becuase i said "suxs" well, then maybe you should get a grip. I talk how i want to talk and usually i dont use words like sux or u or stuff like that. but i was being lazy! so there! lol:p
    All your base are belong to us.

Life is like an analogy...

And what is wrong with what i said i have proof to back up my rant... oh if you are going to "flame" becuase i said "suxs" well, then maybe you should get a grip. I talk how i want to talk and usually i dont use words like sux or u or stuff like that. but i was being lazy! so there! lol
    well you know... im sorry to say, but an x800 gto2 is last year's lower high end. theres plenty of nvidia stuff that wipes it off the table now. theres plenty of ati stuff that does that too. your rant has been blinded by... SCIENCE... and queue that song from so long ago.

i think the biggest thing is that you say an x800 is the best. thats just... moving backwards at an unbelievable speed. you cant truly believe that whole-heartedly, especially since you dont own the thing. getting 5000 or 6000 in 3dmark06 is impossible because the x800 will fail in the sm3 test (it doesnt do sm3, only sm2). and further to that... i have a 6800 ultra (which DOES support sm3) and im hard pressed to make it to 3000 on a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Well i can get my friend to give a screen shot but thats what i saw when we used 3d mark 06... i am not trying to lie to make it look better or anything like that... I am not say its the "best" i am saying for the price that it is at right now its a great card. What i did say is it beats any nvidia out there and for that i would like to say that i am wrong. Slug toy you are right there are alot of things that would clearly smack that thing down with some force, but for $180... I mean come on... but i will retract my statement about the card being better then any nivida that was very childish of me to say.

At any rate i will stand by my saying that ATI is IN MY OWN OPINION (dont want to be rude with the caps lock, but i dont want some one to take what i say the wrong way.) is better then Nvidia. I have always had problems with Nvidia and when i switched to ATI i had much better results.
    All your base are belong to us.

what are your thoughts on the new 7950gt and the new 7900gs because as id like to have sli i think i could stretch to 2 7900gs

Quote Originally Posted by justleftlife
    And what is wrong with what i said i have proof to back up my rant... oh if you are going to "flame" becuase i said "suxs" well, then maybe you should get a grip. I talk how i want to talk and usually i dont use words like sux or u or stuff like that. but i was being lazy! so there! lol:p

He's the moderator, so I am pretty sure his "grip" is just fine.

On the point: I am also an ati zealot, but also understand that nVidia has some pretty mean tech behind the chips (got a lot of it from sgi...), so I do respect them, not necessaarily as a company, but for the product they produce. I used to work for a company that would buy the latest "gaming" and "professional" cards from both company's and evaluate both the hardware and the drivers. For years ati had the better hardware, but thier drivers sucked. NVidia had the better drivers, but lacked in the HW dept (or should I say _lagged_?). I am not so sure that is true anymore (can't get my old company to release any evals...).

please help me i dont have a clue what to get

I got a nice laptop from Toshiba with ATI Mobility Radeon 9250 and 1 gb RAM w/a 100 GB hdd. Its saweet. But Nvidia and ATI both work great, esp. alienwares SLI's. I've tried one on a quad screen, and it was, once again, saweet lol.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.