Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell the Truth

Default Tell the Truth

Let's face it. We all have a first, awful mod that we don't want people to see. Let's all just get them out there and it can be over and done with.

My first mod recently came back to haunt me. We can all admit to our sins without laughing at each other here, and help each other come to terms with the travesties we created once.

I'll go first.

My name is Dave...and i'm a case modder. [group hug]

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Razors Edge

Default Re: Tell the Truth

Yo dat pink is gangsta

My Name is Matt and My work doesnt come close to modding.

(pictures going to be up when I go home)

HI DAVE!

cotton candy mod?

Unfortunately my first mod was burnt in a fire. It was a professional "lawyers desk" that was supposed to be a stealth computer mod (the desk was the case and also housed the crt under glass, no visible cables, etc...), but I let the router get away from me and there was a 3 ' long 1/2 inch deep gouge across the top of an otherwise be-u-t-full wooden desk. I tried to fix it, but only made it worse. The freind I was doing this for was not impressed because he loved that desk. I paid someone to come in and fix the nasty gouge. Several years later the place burned down and the desk was destroyed...

My first case mod was at McDonnell Douglas in Long Beach. We took one of the original IBM PC's (8088 w/8087) and had to put together a data aqusition board to monitor stress sensors for one of the planes. Since there were only motorola based starter boards on the market at the time we had to create our own pc board based on this proc and it would not fit in the case. Being a government contractor, we could not just leave the case off (osha safety issues), so I took a pair of tin snips to the case, hammered it back in shape and covered the nasty bits with a couple of layers of duct tape. I always got a smile on my face everytime I saw that system and often wonder what happened to it...

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

depends on how you describe "first"

my first was a premod i bought from a friend...all i did after that is add some neons and such

but my first time actually cutting a case would be the halo themed case i never finished

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?

Mine is the case I'm using in my ducting project. It has the worst paint job I have put on anything. I had tin snips and a hacksaw to cut the front hole, I've recently cleaned it up. BTW, a hacksaw blade cutting plastic sucks.

Here's a link:

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ead.php?t=3350

Case Wizard

Hi My name id dave and I can say I never did a Pink Mod ..

My 1st mod was painting a case dark blue with a deep purple buttons. Beige CD drive and floopy drive.

I dont have that machine anymore as it was a p133 and was given away (chipped paint n all)

1st window mod was a failure as well because I rushed the paint job. and it spidered / gooped up so I stopped never finished it.

Water Cooled

Wow Dave, Love the pink mod.
    Reminds me of a Carebear for some reason

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

My first mod.

Mounting a set of blue cold cathodes in a case with no side window so blue light came out the fan grills. It was cool at the time.

Heh nice case dave. heh pink!
    Need a sig

Today is a good day to compute. The Black Pumpkin's Avatar

You know what's wierd? I have almost that same case, Dave! Although mine doesn't have the frilly base on it.

It also happens to be the one I'm doing my first mod on!

I think i'm getting more feedback for this case than anything else i've ever done. lol.

You know what's wierd? I have almost that same case, Dave! Although mine doesn't have the frilly base on it.
    I picked it up for £5 from the local store-it was interesting because it's a tiny case that takes a full ATX motherboard, by turning the PSU on it's side and sitting it above where the CPU cooler should be. It would cause problems, but as you can see...this thing's pretty fat.

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!