actually, i wonder if there is any turbulence in that sort of system. i would imagine that a radiator is just a bunch of tubes, nothing special. theres no real turbulence in tubes like that, especially smooth metal ones. in fact, there probably wouldnt be much turbulence in a lot of waterblocks out there either.
..don't wanna butt in.. but if you have a louvered fin radiator.. or heater core, there is lots of turbulence inside.. only in heat exghanger-type radiators, with visible tubes and fins travelling across the radiator, the turbulence appears solely becasue of the speeding water.. in louvered fin radiators there is a complex design that makes water go crisscross really fast and then sends it back (usually these are double-pass) quickly in the same crsii-cross manner..
In the world of cooling, you WANT turbulent flow.
i totally agree.. look not only at waterblocks, but at swiftech's pinned heatsinks..also, the storm block is based on a jet impingemet system and i don't think there is anything more turbulent than this because u jam high pressure streams of water in a copper wall, with holes.. so that there is absolute surface contacts and 0.00001% laminary flow.. man it rocks! i want one