Thread: Need help with my dvd drive.

Overclocked

Default Need help with my dvd drive.

This is the first time I have ever run into this problem. My lite-on DVD drive just stopped working. Im not sure if if just broke or what but I ejected a disk and put another into the drive then later I tried to ejected and it did nothing. The light on the drive didn't do anything at all. So I checked the bios and it wasn't on there, then I defaulted the motherboard and it still didn't pick it up.

Anyone know anything else I could try? If not then ill guess ill have to just buy another one even though its only like 3 months old :/

Dude...totally!

Default Re: Need help with my dvd drive.

how are the cables on the drive itself, are you sure one hasnt come loose?

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_RA
    how are the cables on the drive itself, are you sure one hasnt come loose?
    Yes im sure, because I pulled in and out both the power cable and the ide cable out to see if it came loose or if dust some how got into the holes.

Fresh Paint

If you have checked all the cables, and are sure the jumpers are set correct. Try it in another machine and/or on another IDE controller. If you still have problems: RMA it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Herbert, Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, "Dune"
    US science fiction novelist (1920 - 1986)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Johnman6996
    If you have checked all the cables, and are sure the jumpers are set correct. Try it in another machine and/or on another IDE controller. If you still have problems: RMA it.
    k I fixed it. The power connector was plugged into it but when I defaulted the motherboard I accadently plugged in the power connector from one of my fans into it thats why it wasn't working after I defaulted it. Thanks for the help anyways.

Admins you can close if you want.

Fresh Paint

Meh, we all do stuff like that. I sat in front of a bios screen wondering what the heck was wrong with my slave HDD... I never plugged it in to the PSU after I had decided to move it... yeah... and I sell computer compnents for a living...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Herbert, Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, "Dune"
    US science fiction novelist (1920 - 1986)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Overclocked

lol ya I always do stuff like that