Thread: Goodbye my friend...

Default Goodbye my friend...

Well I know this is pretty much a waste land, but I think it is only fitting to dust it off a bit to say goodbye to a good friend and a long time member... Drum Thumper aka Joe O'meara.

Joe joined this little community 12 years ago and quickly became friends to many.

I will always remember his enthusiasm when he became interested in something, whether it was modding, music, bbq, linux, networking, or a host of other things, not to mention his hope that linux would someday put Windows to out of business!

I will miss the occasional shout outs on my messenger from him, and the occasional phone call.

My heart goes out to his wife and children and the rest of your family, may you find peace.

Godspeed my friend, may you rest in peace, and I hope to see you again.

Curtis

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Re: Goodbye my friend...

Thanks for letting us know, Curtis. Sad to hear. From his Facebook page he and his family have a lot of love and support around them, as it should be.

Rest well Joe
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Goodbye my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    Well I know this is pretty much a waste land, but I think it is only fitting to dust it off a bit to say goodbye to a good friend and a long time member... Drum Thumper aka Joe O'meara.

Joe joined this little community 12 years ago and quickly became friends to many.

I will always remember his enthusiasm when he became interested in something, whether it was modding, music, bbq, linux, networking, or a host of other things, not to mention his hope that linux would someday put Windows to out of business!

I will miss the occasional shout outs on my messenger from him, and the occasional phone call.

My heart goes out to his wife and children and the rest of your family, may you find peace.

Godspeed my friend, may you rest in peace, and I hope to see you again.

Curtis
    I've been in contact with CJ on Instagram (got rid of my FB like 3 years ago) and he's been keeping me up to date. I just came to post something myself and saw your post Curtis.

RIP Joe. He leaves a wife and two special needs children. There's a GoFundMe setup to help his wife with expenses if anyone wants to donate:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/joe-o039m...y-medical-help