Thread: Recovering Data from a Flash Drive

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Default Recovering Data from a Flash Drive

I have a 32 GB Kingston flash drive, on which I have stored data that is important but not critical, and that drive, without warning, is no longer accessible; when I attached it to my computer, today, I received a message saying "you must format this drive to use it," or something similar, which severely bothers me, since I always keep that drive in a drawer in my desk and remove it only when I need to use it; it is never exposed to anything that could have caused it to become corrupt, so I now need to find a way to recover the data on that drive.

Does anyone here have any recommendations? Is there any way to recover data from a corrupted flash drive?
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Recovering Data from a Flash Drive

Without sending it to a company that specializes in data recovery probably not. If the PC is telling you that it needs to be formatted it might be too late

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Default Re: Recovering Data from a Flash Drive

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Without sending it to a company that specializes in data recovery probably not. If the PC is telling you that it needs to be formatted it might be too late
    Do you believe that Best Buy may be able to assist, or should I go to a company that is greater than them?
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin