Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project: BombShell

Fresh Paint

Default Project: BombShell

Well this is my first mod. If anyoen thinks I am going about this the wrong way or have any suggestions on how to do this easier.... please let me know I basically have an idea of what I want. Here's a rough outline of what I'm trying to do...

The "goal" is to make a metal half of a bomb on the front of the case with a green glow around the bomb. There would be two keys on both sides that you gotta turn, then a covered rocker switch between the keys on the bomb itself (i didn't put the switch on the drawing yet) so to turn it on, you turn both keys, then flip the cover up on the middle switch, then hit the switch. When you flip the switch, I'd like to have a siren go off (like the one at the bigginning of the new Disturbed CD) The dvd drive would be stealthed. On the pic you can see a head in the middle of the bomb that was erased. Was thinking about taking a doll head (yea I'm wierd ) and burn it severely, and cut off the back and put it in the middle part of the bomb where the erased head is. As far as everything else goes, I'm not sure on the colors or the sides or anything yet. I just bought a Antec twelve hundred case, but I have a case from my old comp that i might try this on first. (also gotta see how much of the antec case I can take apart.

I stripped down the old case and was left w/ a pile of fans, screws, wires, and a ball o' dust. Here's what is left...

I went to Menards and picked up some galvanized pipe to make the middle part of the bomb, some screws, some L bracket thingies. I also bought a rain cap for the top of it, but I ended up not liking what it looked like (comes to a point) so I'm gonna take that back.

I was unsure on how to make the top of the bomb, you guys gave me a bunch of ideas, but with my lack of money, I'm either gonna find a steel bowl and cut the flared ends off, or cut metal strips out of that galvanized metal I have, and kind of criss cross them to make a dome. I tested out the strip idea, and that would work, just gotta recut them so they won't overlap much. Here's a sorry excuse for a cardboard model

Well I cut the main part of the bomb out, I cut it a little long just to be safe. I taped it along the front just to make sure I have all the dimensions right. Here are 2 pics, and one w/ my chihuahua in it

I'm not sure If i want it out that far tho, I gotta somehow put the dvd drive in there so it will pop out far enough to put a disk in it. On the last 2 pics, I have a line of tape where the dvd drive would be.

Thats all for tonight. Any ideas are always welcome!

Xcartguy

Default Re: Project: BombShell

awsome, love the idea + rep

This case is gonna be the bomb!

(http://www.instantrimshot.com)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

roger that... its the bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Fresh Paint

Well, I ended up headin out to Wal-Mart and found this stainless bowl that had the perfect look to it. Had to cut off the lip thingy and wow, I realize now why you gotta take light strokes when cutting rather than just cutting right through it. Went through a few cutting disks

So here is what it would look like with the top on it.

Now I gotta figure out how I'm gonna make the bottom. I gotta go from 8 inch diameter to a 3 inch diameter somehow. Went to Lowe's and found reducers going from 8 to 5 but not lower than that. I'm trying to make a cone type thing with the metal I have left over from the main part. I'm afraid its going to look real sloppy if I do it like that. Anyone have any ideas?

Grab the 8 to 5 reducer, then make a cone from 5 to 3. That'll probably be the smoothest look for easy/cheap/quick.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Ok, call me a pessimist. I had my doubts about this whole thing, but that last pic really shows the potential here. I stand corrected, carry on with some rep!
    ________
    CYCLONE ENGINE
    Last edited by blueonblack; 02-24-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Live Long and Modify ContraptionMaker's Avatar

Looking good so far! How bout using a funnel at the bottom, then center a 3" pipe to the bottom of the funnel?

Then just attach the fins to the 3" pipe...

Just a thought!
    I Build, Therefor I Am!
    http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ine=1224642592
    Live today because tomorrow may never come!

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

tough one there... all my ideas are above lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Fresh Paint

Well its been awhile since I updated this. I'm going in a different direction with this case. Bomb is going on top rather than the front. I have some pretty good ideas now, although I may keep some of it a secret But with my lack of knowledge with this stuff, it probobly won't be a secret for long. . Anyways, I should have some pics up soon.

Xcartguy