Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anime case mod

Default anime case mod

hi, im new to this, but an idea just sprung int my mind. i was cruzing through the web, hunting for mod ideas, and came across a anime case mod done by this guy in japan. http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/kat2/pc/ern005/ekana.htm shows a semi detailed DIY guide to crafting such a pice of art. now, i do not plan on building this exact model, because then, hell id be ripping off a fellow artist work, and that just is'nt kosher!! now i happen to have a few small anime figures in my room, and i figured "hey, why not make a case like this anime figure!!" and thus the idea was born. now, this is a very long project. but i will be working on it when i have time and when i can get the camera working (my girl is a photographer, and there is almost no battery juice when i need the camera) i will have photos of the project. but i can tell you know what pc parts i will be using. im going to be using a standard size ATX mother bored by PCchips. model number M955G. it has a P4 2.8ghz CPU in it. i will be also cramming a zyxel wireless card, and a 40 gig maxter hard drive. CD/DVD drive may be installed, but will be optional (all movies and stuff are stored on a hard drive on the network) i would love inpute as i work on this project. also, im debating, if this project is a success, to build a Mammoth MKII case mod in some what the same fashion. i will be posting the picture of the two figures i be using as a reference points. you guys decide what statue to turn into a pc case. pic's will be up within the week. thanks for reading.

update:
    just doing research, water cooling may be done. doubtful i will do it. if i work on it right. i can create a air flow set up. also i found a better idea. the link i showed wasn't what i could call a true case mod. this is more like my idea: http://sae.cside.com/sae/kat/pc/ern002/emaya.htm the guy used some geto rigged water cooling idea. i plan on using airflow and the fact that heat rises naturally.

ok, i have come to the conclusion that i will be using
    as my reference. i drew this back when i was in high school. the pc case mod will be a 3D model of this.

ruff idea of what goes where:
    Last edited by remirez08; 12-07-2008 at 02:40 AM. Reason: upadte

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

Default Re: anime case mod

cool looks good... gunna like this one good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Quote Originally Posted by DonT-FeaR View Post
    cool looks good... gunna like this one good luck
    ya, working on finding the Styrofoam for it.

Welcome to TBCS! I have seen that man's work before and it's quite interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing your approach to this model. Good luck!

Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Welcome to TBCS! I have seen that man's work before and it's quite interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing your approach to this model. Good luck!

Jon
    ya, im basicly using his modling idea, and from there, using my own art, and then poof... we shall see what happens

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

Sub'd as soon as i saw the name lol, love Anime, good luck
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by 985323 View Post
    Sub'd as soon as i saw the name lol, love Anime, good luck
    ya its guna be a long wait. simply due to funds, finding the Styrofoam, and finding the room to make it. live in a small place.lol.

Fresh Paint

Man, I'd love to be the motherboard in your case mod cool idea

Xcartguy

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

this should be neat

Well, i'm no newbe to modding, but this is for me too hard to follow. I wish you all the best and i will be tracking this.