Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UGLY case :p

Default UGLY case :p

Hi again. I've been lurking around the site for quite some time, but finally it's time to start my first mod. I got just about all my components for my new pc so i'm ready to begin. I have a couple extra computers/cases/old parts laying around but i only had one solid case to spare. And here it is:

I know, i know... i've seen worse cases than this too, but it still is pretty ugly. Anyway the main problem i'm having when trying to think up ideas for this mod is how to add on my liquid cooling kit without it looking so bulky compared to the case itself.

As you can see it's practically crushing my case. Soo.. any ideas on how to go about this? I'de like any and all comments or ideas that you might have.

Oh and because i like showing off here's my components that i blew all my money on.

Default Re: UGLY case :p

Nice Kit! Why didn't you get a decent case with all that stuff? :p

I don't think the water cooling looks too bad-if you put some lights under it, it will sort of 'downlight' the side of your case-which would look sweet after a paintjob. You might have to rise the radiator a touch though.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Razors Edge

Yeah, You have soem decent stuff there, But with that money you might aswell has gone and gotten a wodnerfull case. But lets see what happens.

D'Oh

if u want to keep the case (i would install my setup, keep it running out of a case and buy a new one later on ), you could try extending it in some artistic way and make the case look like the exos cooler black, brushed metal? with some handles here and there? some more fans with grills? all around? make it look like a exos..err.. 3?

i see some great potential.. you just need to look closer at the sizes and colors/textures/patterns

ah, and this case needs loooots of interior remodelling, IMO..

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Well good news... i'm getting this case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811154017

.. for like $15 from some local computer store. I think i could definitely work with that case better than the old one.

This is my first mod, i don't wanna get an expensive case and then mess up the case on accident. I'de rather start with something worth crap and make it look nice.

This week me and my dad are going out to the hardware store for supplies. Paint, sandpaper, stuff like that.

Any ideas for this new case?

Edit: (Posted at the same time i did) That was sort of my original plan. Paint it black, but some silver handles and fans on it. Maybe i'll save that case for a later mod... or maybe not. Well thanks for your input but i'm probably gonna go ahead and buy that other case. I really didn't like the front of the older one.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Oh no, NOT the Koolance....

Those things suck. You might be a little cooler than air cooling, but it's so damn LOUD!!!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

WHAT?! I've heard nothing but the best from those things. That's why i bought all Koolance cooling.

But i can see how they'de be loud.. there's two huge fans right on top.

Razors Edge

For cooling issues, I always use thermaltake. They accually have a few water cooling kits, there close to silent, and my cpu doesnt pass 35 c.

MitaPi

Same here, I always try to go with TT. They seem to be the best for cooling while still being decently silent. Thats why I went with the Thermaltake Volcano 4005 Heat Exchanger with a Thermaltake Variable 90mm Fan. Nice and cold, Nice and quiet. Just the way I like it! ^_^

As for modding a non modded case and stuff like that... maybe some how you can swoop the case up to the water cooling thing you got there. Like make your case into a hour glass type shape? I always like seeing cases that arent... sqaure and boring . Anyways theres my half cent of info hope it helped!

Good luck!!
    MitaPi

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan
    Oh no, NOT the Koolance....

Those things suck. You might be a little cooler than air cooling, but it's so damn LOUD!!!
    dont you talk to koolance that way!!!! lol.

this case is a few dollars more, but looks a hell of alot cooler.

the cooler case.

remember to have ur drives match the color scheme of the pc.
    Comp Specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 939 3200+
    ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
    2x 1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
    100GB HDD 7200 RPM SATA
    2x in SLI, 7600 GT 256 MB
    500W PSU