Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Not a case makes me smile

Default Image replacement

Heres a more clear idea of were the hardware goes for ya there DaveW.

And By the way as an FYI the hardware will be 2 Mobo's, 4 PSU's, 4CPU's, 8 RAM Modules, 2 water systems, 2 peltier systems, a built in WIFI router, a UPS AND A 24" BLADED WINDOW FAN.

Of course that was at that stage of planning and i have gone on to bigger badder MORE DANGEROUS stuff.
    Systems:
    L-Top}
    O.S.'s Win-xp, Win-Vista, Dapper.
    HP pavilion,ze2115us semp3000m,200xpressM,1gb

D-Top}
    O.S.'s Win-XP pro-sp2, W-Vista
    CPU-Z scan

D'Oh

Default Re: Not a case makes me smile

wow.. if the harware zone keeps all that stuff.. what is the rest of the space for.. (rhetorical) :chills: OK.. so how BIG is this dangerous thing gonna be? and do you have a more clear schematic>> engineer's schematic? 'cause it could get pretty interesting and a learning oppurtunity

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Like i have said I have done more work to the design and Sorry but i should have already stated this but the "hardware zone" is realy more of a mobo, vid/air duct zone

The PSU's HDD's Optical drives and liquid cooling is to be placed in similar air ducts.within the rest of the box
    Systems:
    L-Top}

D-Top}
    CPU-Z scan

OK.. so how BIG is this dangerous thing gonna be?
    The same question from me! If say that's the space for a micro ATX, and that's on the bottom for more turbulence and better cooling. Micro because it's smaller. That means that your case is the depth of say, 2 and a half full sized ATX motherboards? and oh...the same in height, and about 2 ATX boards wide?

I use aTX boards as let's face it, everyone on these boards knows roughly how big a motherboard is.

But that's a damn big case. It's a nice design and all, but you're not taking that to LAN partys. Unless...now here's an idea. You make it so that you have your big ass cooling rig at home, looks the business, but all your hardware is in a box that you can remove at will and carry around.

This would also be pretty cool for updating, as you don't need to dismantle the case when you want to upgrade.

But...i think the design is nice but far from practical. You'll need to work on that side a little more to make this mod brilliant. I refer you to m4gnum's Tardis, a great mod, looks quality-but he's not happy because the Tardis is to bulky to put anywhere and hasn't got the space for good hardware.

Hellova mod though! So just make sure that the case will fulfill your needs as a user as well as your desires as a modder.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

OK plz peopl I have stated this a couple of times this is an old concept 3d sketch you are looking at.

Its case is know smaler and does NOT use a 24" fan

Sorry if i Have scared you with my Big And Dangerous concept DaveW but its even bigger than you thought with the Micro ATX boards.

When I say Big I mean BBBBIIIIGGGGG

My Moto in life:
    Balls to the Wall or not at all.
    Or in other words:
    If your gonna do something you might as well be redundantly redundant. So youll never
    have to redo the work

The MoBo's (2 will be full sized ATX)

And know I STRESSSSSSSS THE FACT THAT THE CASE IS MUCH SMALLER THAN ORIGINALY DESIGNED. The original outer dimension was basicaly going to be 4'6" high and about 5'6" long and 3' wide at the base.

Basicaly A floor Model PC

Know it IS MUCH SMALLLLLLLLLER but still the same concepts

I am using an air mover for replacement of the 24" fan.

And your right it would be a bitch to move the thing to and from lan partys (even the new smaller version) thats why i am in the middle of my other project. The Hax-X SilverServer Gen X-3

and please be a little patient with my next skethup post it will be a little while were as i am a father of two and running my own tech company.
    Systems:
    L-Top}

D-Top}
    CPU-Z scan

Any case that's wide will do. Since I'm gonna mutilate it once i open the packaging, so why bother choosing.

I keep my mobo at least 5 feet from my monitor. The psu is mounted under my windowsill and my hdds are in the basement. My temps are absolutely superb when playing duke nukem 3d.