Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what can i do with a chieftec ?

Default Re: what can i do with a chieftec ?

Ah ! thanks ! that will be cool with some 80mm fans in the front grill.

my first delivery of parts will be her in 4 days .. do, yet i have not desided how to mod the case so .. it youst contanes the case and some fans .. and i need more money also :S

Case Wizard

Maybe once you see the case in person, you will be able to better visualize your ideas.

Like I said before, you should maybe play around with Google Sketch Up. Throw around a few ideas in Sketch Up and think over the idea. If you come up with something better, change it and think over it for a while. Keep looking at what you have so far and look for the good and the bad.

http://sketchup.google.com/

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

before you can think at modding it, i say you should first go and by some good tools 'couse that thing is thick ekk

LOUD AND PROUD !

Maybe once you see the case in person, you will be able to better visualize your ideas.

Like I said before, you should maybe play around with Google Sketch Up. Throw around a few ideas in Sketch Up and think over the idea. If you come up with something better, change it and think over it for a while. Keep looking at what you have so far and look for the good and the bad.
    how would you put things you have done in sketch up on the forum

Yeah ! thanks .. i do not have a theme yet :S but it will pop up when i get my stuf .. I hope. i used the google sce. but it did not work for me i use a pencil.
    ... and tools .. it is expensive her in norway

Case Wizard

I am kind of in that stage where you are at. I first struggled to find a theme. Then I realized that it wasn't what I really wanted. I'm not saying that those themed mods aren't cool (like the Doom 3 mod) but it just isn't me. In a sense, that is not my style. So as of now, I ended up having a "theme" that is about style and elegance.

I mention this in another post. It is like a choice between a Hummer that is loaded up with everything imaginable or a Lamborghini (or even a BMW). I'd rather take the 2nd choice.

Just my ramblings, lol. I hope that helped in some way.

Jepp .. i want a theme, but not like, a :alien head or plane you know what im saying ? i want the more cooled down theme, youst a tuch of a game or a movie =) something that remindes you of (battlefield 2142) =) .. im trying to make a Battlefield 2142 mod .. but a little bit cool and smooth version .. some lines and effects from the game!

you have any ideas for me ? i need ideas to a Battlefield 2142 mod ? black and blue .. i like those colors =)

.. like i said, i like the cooled wersion of modding!

Case Wizard

A Battlefield 2142 theme would be awesome!

Here are a few ideas that will hopefully give you some ideas. These are just some quick and random ideas of mine (not a complete mod) so you can do whatever you want with them, like pick a few or none at all.

Custom laser etched window. You could send in any picture and they will laser etch it for you. They can do it 3 different ways - clear so light shines through, not clear so no light comes through (like a black and white phote), or with color.
    http://www.hyperkore.com/

You could maybe make your front top door look like the front cockpit of this mech. Just the very front piece with the 4 bolts on each corner.
    http://media.pc.ign.com/media/819/81...g_3479044.html

You could make the bottom front like the middle part of this mech that is right above the cannon. It reminds me of those garage doors. Or use it for the top front. You could even make it slide up exactly like a garage door so you can get to your CD drives.http://media.pc.ign.com/media/819/81...g_3748557.html
    http://media.pc.ign.com/media/819/81...g_3659852.html

You could mod the case feet to look like the blue hovering feet mechanisms. Make them light up blue too!
    http://media.pc.ign.com/media/819/81...g_3603858.html

Or make the case feet look similar to any of the feet on the mechs.