Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The answer is... 42.

MitaPi

Default The answer is... 42.

Okay! So I just got done watching The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy and couldnt help but think that the Nzxt Lexa case that I have would be a RAWKIN case to mod with a HHGTTG theme. I have a current project with my lexa right now that is called "Black Rose" (Because thats what it is to me). BUT! I am seriously thinking about doing a HHGTTG theme! Let me know if anyone likes this idea! If ya'all think its a good idea then I will defiantly go for it! ^_^

-MitaPi

Default Re: The answer is... 42.

Heh.. Its not for us to like.. Its for YOU to like. Anyway.. It definately has a lot of potential for a casemod. The movie was pretty good but if your going to do it justice... you need to get the book and dig in there...

Enjoy and good luck!!

MitaPi

Well I dont want to do anything SUPER EXPENSIVE! But for a movie this good.. I will defiantly try to bring out the bucks for it! Of course like always tho I want to keep it a bit more simple than say... the doom case. lol That is a bit much for someone like me to accomplish alone. But if I can get more supporters (who have patience of steel) then I will go for it! I mean.. I have a whole side of a case that is just... black. lol how cool is that!? psh.. not really.. at the very least I can do some really awesome and complex and eye catching mural (which I would have professionaly done of course).

-MitaPi

The movie was pretty good but if your going to do it justice... you need to get the book and dig in there...
    I think the whole thing's overrated to be honest-the first book and the second book were cool, but the last ones...don't even go there. But there's a lot of pottential for a nice mod in there.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Not to be a grammer/spelling cop, buuutt....

Defiantly = full of or showing defiance : BOLD, IMPUDENT

Definitely = 1 : having distinct or certain limits
    2 a : free of all ambiguity, uncertainty, or obscurity b : UNQUESTIONABLE, DECIDED

So in the first post it could have some relevance and actually sounded good. In the second post I know #2 is what you wanted.

(now climbing off the spelling bee box)

MitaPi

lol grammer shhmammer... but that is good to know.. I knew it looked kind of funny!

Hehe I just had to say something because you _could_ be "defiantly" modding a case _and_ "definitely" modding a case, pretty much at the same time... ;-)

Life is like an analogy...

I think the whole thing's overrated
    his style of writing can only be fully appreciated by people who think alike. when some question the point of such books and struggle to find any general plot, i get a kick out of the very same book.

i would say its not for the weak minded or short-of-patience. best thing to do is try to act out what you read, as you read it. i did that for "mostly harmless" and it made life wonderful. YOU try walking from pole to pole, pole to ground, ground to pole, pole to horizon, horizon to pole, all while apparently not even moving.

what am i talking about here? i agree with overide. the movie reallly didnt do a good job of summarizing the books. lots of ommisions and changes, and a lot of the good parts were taken out unfortunately. read at least one of the books, at least a chapter.... a page? get to know the writing style and it may give you even more inspirations.

haha, cricket wars!

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

...and then read Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency for some more insight into this guys brain...

One of my most quoted lines from HHGTTG: "SEP".

You want a really funny Sci-Fi Book, hunt down a copy of Tik-Tok on ebay. It's out of Print but that is one of the funniest book's i've ever lain eyes on.

It's about a robot who goes nuts and kills someone, and comes to the conclusion that his "Asimov circuits", which stop him arming mankind, are broken. So he sets out to find out just how much evil he can do before humanity stops him. It's really, really, dark-but utterly hilarious.

I do believe that he was a genius though, i just don't think that his books ever captured that.

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!