Thread: Media Organizer Program

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Default Media Organizer Program

I have an expansive collection of music on my computer-over 3,400 songs, to be more precise-so I am seeking a media organizer program to help me manage my music. I am seeking a program that will allow me to sort my music by song title, artist, album, genre, and so forth, and the ability to encode CD tracks as .mp3 files is also a fairly essential feature, as well and being free of monetary charge is also very appealing.

For many years, I have been using Creative Media Source 5, but my newest computer cannot run that program, so I now need a new program. After searching online, Media Monkey appears to be a popular program, but I seek further information before I make a decision, so I shall ask everyone here what programs that they believe are worthy of using.

What recommendations can anyone else here make? What is a good media organizing program to use? Thank you very much.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

Default Re: Media Organizer Program

I've used media center for a long time. Looking for something similar that will function like a jukebox allow anyone to select a few songs at a time.

I have not used media monkey, but it looks good. I am going to try a few programs in the next few weeks and if I find something goos, I will chime back in. Let me know if you find something.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Default Re: Media Organizer Program

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    I've used media center for a long time. Looking for something similar that will function like a jukebox allow anyone to select a few songs at a time.

I have not used media monkey, but it looks good. I am going to try a few programs in the next few weeks and if I find something good, I will chime back in. Let me know if you find something.
    I have been using MediaMonkey for the past week, and it works very nicely; it is very similar to the previous program that I was using, so I am very fond of it.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin