Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom H20 Kit ....I Need Some Help??

MitaPi

Default Re: Custom H20 Kit ....I Need Some Help??

You know.. I think I am going to start a Project Worklog for this mod. Afteer all.. I AM replacing EVERYTHING other than like my cpu and keyboard/mouse. ^_^ Now what should I call this simple but pricey mod of mine??

Edit: I got it.. I am going to name this rig after something very dear and close to my heart. I name thou.. "Black Rose".

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by MitaPi
    My budget isnt that big so all I am going with (for now) is the volcano CPU/Rad. Although since my system will be SLI soon I defiantly have to think of Dual GPU Liquid Cooling. My Hard Drive is external so thats not a problem/possibility. As for my Ram ...they have heat spreaders. I wouldnt liquid cool four 512's.

As for the koolance kit there... My case is the Nxzt Lexa. I dont think it would fit even if I wanted it to. Which I dont because I am going custom. Anyone can buy a H20 Kit. Besides... The Koolance kit and any other kit wont glow! (That and even if I got it to fit up there I would have to take out the fan up top.)
    ummm?? thats an external kit. its has to go outside on top of ur case. most WC systems dont "glow". you have to do that ur self by breaking a highlighter into the water.
    Comp Specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 939 3200+
    ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
    2x 1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
    100GB HDD 7200 RPM SATA
    2x in SLI, 7600 GT 256 MB
    500W PSU

MitaPi

Okay... what your talking about, I have no idea. My kit that I am building myself out of acrylic is a external reservoir combined with a internal custom kit... the koolance is an external.. but Im not buying that.. Im hand selecting everything.. it was just brought up by someone for some reason...

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silverdemon
    wouldn't it be better it you pump your water _out_ of the res? I don't have experience with watercooling, but I think it would be better...

res -> pump -> CPU -> ....etc....

technically you are pumping it out of the res, it just goes through all the rads and waterblocks before it gets to the pump...

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Case Wizard

Didn't you just say that you weren't going with a 2nd res but you got two listed in your setup? Or did you just write 2 to show us that it goes back to the res?

I'm wondering if it really matters the order of the loop. As long as everything that needs to be included in a watercooling setup is connect, I would assume it should be fine. But I am new to watercooling myself so I don't know...

MitaPi

Yea, I am not going with a second res. That would be pointless. But I have decided to go with a GPU Water Block. Maybe you are being confused with that?

oh yea.. it totally matters! If you dont do it right then you can damage your computer. Like if I went like this... Res > Pump > GPU > CPU > Rad > Res. I could potentially send heated liquid into my cpu. Which... is bad.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Man this is gonna be awesome cant wate.

MitaPi

Thanks, I agree.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

I've got a Lexa so I'm sorda curious to see how this all works out...

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

MitaPi I have a Lexa aswell and i'm purchasing a Thermaltake BigWater 745 and i was wondering if this 120mm rad is the same one you are using. If it is does it fit in the case without any major modding. I know i will have to remove the PCI retention bracket but i don't want to hack the case up. Thanks.