Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TJ06 Airflow

Fresh Paint

Default TJ06 Airflow

I have a Silverstone TJ06 case. It does wonders for keeping my CPU cool, but unfortunately, there very little airflow anywhere else in the case. I added a PCI slot cooler to keep my video card cool. However, this still doesn't fix the air flow issue. The case has 80mm and 120mm fan intakes with a "wind tunnel" going over the CPU area of the motherboard holding another 120mm on the other side. This provides an excellent flow of cool air over my CPU, but the only thing keeping my other components cool is the 80mm intanke.

I am hoping to add some sort of exhaust in the area next to the PCI slots and am wondering how to go about doing this. The area in question can be seen by looking at the pictures below.

http://silverstonetek.com/products/t...-view/tj06.jpg
    http://silverstonetek.com/products/t...-view/tj06.jpg

The only idea I have no is picking up one or two slot coolers and finding a way to mount them in there. Does anyone else have some ideas on how to go about doing this?

Fresh Paint

Default Re: TJ06 Airflow

hey man.... buy a liquid cooling system

Fresh Paint

I just don't see how my video card reaching over 116'C warrants a liquid cooling system.

Yeah... I'm surprised it hasn't melted, too.

P.S. Never, and I do mean never, buy a video card cooled with heatpipes.

Dude...totally!

116 celcius? i really really hope you meant fahrenheit. other wise...you could literally boil water with your graphics card. but if you did mean fahrenheit then its not a big deal cuz your card isnt even hitting 50'C and thats well within what i would consider to be an acceptable range

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_RA
    116 celcius? i really really hope you meant fahrenheit. other wise...you could literally boil water with your graphics card. but if you did mean fahrenheit then its not a big deal cuz your card isnt even hitting 50'C and thats well within what i would consider to be an acceptable range
    Oh no, I did mean Celsius. At least that's what ATI Tool tells me. Once it hits about the 117-118'C mark the VPU hard locks and I have to do a hard reboot. I am really surprised it hasn't melted yet.

I suppose the reading could be off though, but I don't see how it would be off more than 10-15'C. Either way, 100+ 'C is way too hot for a VPU.

I really think this is mostly an airflow issue that could be solved if the hot air was actually forced out of my case rather than vented out.

whats wrong with the heat pipes on a video card my 7900gtx has them and its stays cool

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by notochord
    whats wrong with the heat pipes on a video card my 7900gtx has them and its stays cool
    Might be because your case has much better airflow than mine.

Case Wizard

You said something about picking up some slot coolers but you need to figure out a way to mount them. Don't you just stick them above the card (since your motherboard is oriented in an upside down fashion)?

I also saw this from Lian-Li and maybe you can figure out a way to screw it in the small vertical vent next to the cards.
    This is the blower fan:
    http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Acces...Blower_fan.htm
    This is how it is installed in Lian-Li cases:
    http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Chass...-V1200plus.htm

So you'll be putting it in the exact same spot, next to the video cards to exhaust hot air.

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

well 100Celsius aint that much, you must not forget that the capacitators on the card can work fine up to 115C so...
    ou and for the water cooling, you aint gonna boil nothing, because the water is moving, and it can absorb a lot of heat wery fast, so youre GPU will not be capable to get that hot...
    and you should check to see if the thermal compound is ok, or if you dont have to much dust on it

LOUD AND PROUD !

Case Wizard

100 C is a lot. It is the boiling point of water.

I'm not sure about this, but just because the capacitors on the card can work up to 115 C, I don't think it is the same for the graphics processor and video memory.

Even if it is the same temperature and considered "safe". I don't think it is ideal temperatures. It is like the same thing with CPUs. Wouldn't you want your CPU to run in the 30 C range?

It is true that you aren't going to boil anything. As long as you have a radiator to dissapate the heat from the water.

But I was looking around to buy a case and saw the TJ06 and was worried about the airflow.

Anyone can feel free to correct me. I'm still "anodized"