Thread: Ain't no more TBCS front page?

Default Ain't no more TBCS front page?

To be truthful, I routinely avoided this page anyhow, my shortcuts just jump right into the TBCS forum pages. I confess even been annoyed in the past by advertising popups the front page would cough up.

Yet every now and then, a few times per year as the fancy takes me, I do visit the page to catch up on various techno tidbits and accomplishments of interest.

But now the page is gone?
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

Default Re: Ain't no more TBCS front page?

I am pretty sure that when the site was revived the front page redirects to the forums since that is the only thing people use right now.

_Hopefully_ that will be able to change in the future...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

TBCS doesn't plan to be as active with product reviews, project announcements, etc, as it used to be?

We would love to be, but I don't think anyone is handling that anymore.

Not sure about others, but I would love to see the reviews, news and projects on the front page again. Along with some contests as well. During my normal day to day business travels, I always try to bring up this site with others and one company (CalPC.com) were jealous of the site name. They make custom chassis about 20 minutes from the Bay Area (all made in the USA), including back planes and such. They were interested in participating in a contest.

I am actually going to contact them today about a project I am working on for a custom chassis, including a 16 port switch.

If we had the folks to participate on a regular basis, I think we could revive certain sections.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I could do my own little part, trickling out ad-hoc reviews on random products whenever I happen to buy yet another upgrade? Not claiming any sort of grand professionalism, and definitely not promising high-volume output, just submitting the sort of modcentric product-worthiness information that I wish I could've found on reviews before actually buying particular products and discovering the dirty details for myself. (Alas, I am stubborn, and I insist on working to mod/correct any "issues" or "tradeoffs" I personally find objectionable. Not one to automatically RMA an item just because it isn't exactly perfect - unless of course it's broken out of the box and utterly impossible to fix.)

Seems to me that if enough people do this, and enough products/reviews of interest get logged at TBCS, this "section" would sort of revive itself. I've been googled over to TBCS in this way before - just with far less frequency in more recent years, when researching details about newer toys.