Thread: Assorted mini-PCs (NUC etc) for sale

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Assorted mini-PCs (NUC etc) for sale

So I have a few mini-PCs for sale and I figured I would put them up here before listing them on eBay.

These are all in great condition (might have a few scratches in the plastic here and there, and one is missing a screw), and barely used. I bought them for a project that ended up changing in direction due to recent product announcements *cough*Xeon-D*cough*, so now they are just gathering dust.

For any of you thinking of or working on some really small mods, one of these might work out great for you.

Each comes with the appropriate power supply.

From left to right, Asus Chromebox-M004U, Intel NUC D5420WYK1, Inteo NUC DN2820FYKH, and Jetway NF3A.

Asus Chromebox-M004U
    The original Chromebox. I got this to mess around with Chrome OS and to see if an idea would work. Since then, better options for my needs have arisen.

Linux can be installed on this, though there are some oddities with the bootloader. Much information available on that subject on the internets.

CPURAMHDDRAM slotsStorage I/ODisplay OutputsUSB
    1.4GHz dual-core Intel Celeron 2955U2GB16GB SanDisk2xDDR3 SODIMM1xmSATA, 1xSDDP, HDMI4x3.0

Current retail price: $160
    Asking: $120

Intel NUC D5420WYK1
    Awesome little box, this. Really snappy little thing, and almost silent. At full tilt, I had to get within a few inches to actually hear the fan.

Intel Core i5-4250U16GB120GB Crucial M5002xDDR3L SODIMM1xmSATA, 1xSATAmini-DP, min-HDMI4x3.0
    Current retail prices:
    componentprice
    NUC D54250WYK1$335
    Crucial M500 120GB$120
    Crucial Ballistix 8GBx2$120
    Total$575
    Asking: $425

Intel NUC DN2820FYKH
    This is the Haswell Celeron NUC. Missing one of the screws; it broke off in the hole in the case. The remaining three hold it together well enough though, and if you want to use this in a mod it won't matter.

Intel Celeron N28208GB120GB OCZ Vertex 41xDDR3L SODIMM1xSATAHDMI2x3.0, 1x3.0
    Current retail prices:
    componentprice
    Intel NUC DN2820FYKH$133http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVKLSVC
    OCZ Vertex 4 128GB$195
    Crucial Ballistix 8GBx1$63
    Total$391
    Asking: $290

Jetway NF3A
    3.5" SBC board with quad-core Bay Trail Celeron and a neat set of features. Dual gigabit NICs, SATA, mSATA/mPCIe, another mPCIe, GPIO, LVDS, and a passive heatsink.

Intel Celeron N2930n/an/a1xDDR3L SODIMM1xSATA, 1xmSATA(via mPCIe shared)DVI-I, LVDS2x2.0, 2x3.0

Current retail price: $190
    Asking: $140

ECS LIVA

Interesting little box, kind of a middle ground between ARM SBCs and the lower end NUCs. Same size as a lot of the SBCs, but a much more powerful Intel SoC and no GPIO.

CPURAMHDDStorage I/ODisplay OutputsUSB
    Celeron N28072GB DDR3L onboard32GB eMMC onboardn/a1xVGA, 1xHDMI1x2.0, 1x3.0

Current retail price: $100
    Asking: $80

$10 for shipping within the US, $40 for shipping to Canada, other international, PM me and I'll run some calculations. Of course, if you want multiple of them, shipping will be consolidated (how much depends on what is purchased).
    Last edited by x88x; 05-25-2015 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Added ECS LIVA
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Default Re: Assorted mini-PCs (NUC etc) for sale

If it weren't for the taxman...
    TheMainMan

I've got that book, too! Kinda dry reading, I find, a lot of basic comp-sci background/history stuff written elsewhere before.

Can any of these little guys hold two PCIe cards? I've been thinking about making a munchkin HTPC box "DVR" with my InfiniTV 6 HD Tuner and C027 AVerTV HD DVR - plus a bunch of TeraBytes of SATA. All HD, all the time, packing bigass CPU and RAM would be well and good, but secondary to considerations of size, silence, efficiency, and cost. Such a puny and insignificant HTPC (for me) must be strikingly stylish yet invisibly unassuming, small in stature yet tall in power, narrow in purpose yet wide in vision.

Are any of these wee beasties appropriate for this purpose?
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    I've got that book, too! Kinda dry reading, I find, a lot of basic comp-sci background/history stuff written elsewhere before.

Can any of these little guys hold two PCIe cards? I've been thinking about making a munchkin HTPC box "DVR" with my InfiniTV 6 HD Tuner and C027 AVerTV HD DVR - plus a bunch of TeraBytes of SATA. All HD, all the time, packing bigass CPU and RAM would be well and good, but secondary to considerations of size, silence, efficiency, and cost. Such a puny and insignificant HTPC (for me) must be strikingly stylish yet invisibly unassuming, small in stature yet tall in power, narrow in purpose yet wide in vision.

Are any of these wee beasties appropriate for this purpose?
    Haha, I haven't gotten very far in it yet, actually; got sidetracked by other books with more pressingly useful content.

None of these can take PCIe cards, sorry. In fact, the footprints of most of these hosts are probably about the same size as those cards. For size comparison, the motherboards in the three hosts with cases are four inches square.

EDIT:
    Actually, I should say, the Jeyway board would sort of be able to accomodate those two cards if combined with adapters like this since it does have two miniPCIe slots (one half size, one full). Might let you get it all into a smaller form factor than you would otherwise be able to, though it would definitely require a custom-fab'd case. Not sure what the CPU requirements are on collecting those HD streams though.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

A miniPCIe riser, neat stuff.

Thanx for pointing it out, but I guess I'll need to compromise with a beefier little toy. I'm stubbornly insistent that the whole thing fits within a single enclosure.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

Last chance, any takers before I put these on eBay?

Also, I added an ECS LIVA at the end of the first post.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Bingoddess View Post
    Can you go for 350$ for Intel NUC D5420WYK1?
    PM'd
    --Benjamin Franklin