Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asus EeePC 1002HA - RAM?

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Asus EeePC 1002HA - RAM?

I was wondering what is the maximum gigabytes of RAM that the 1002HA can handle? I know it has only one slot, but I'm not sure what its gig limit is.

There is something else that I need to know as well, which is more important for me to know. Does speed or cas latency matter? or can it handle anything I put into it?

Thanks in advance! I still have to wait two weeks before I can afford one, but I figure I might as well buy the upgrades now so I don't have to wait. :p
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: Asus EeePC 1002HA - RAM?

according to this review The netbook is maxed out at 1gb. So I guess it comes fully upgraded, maybe you can get a faster speed of ram? not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    according to this review The netbook is maxed out at 1gb. So I guess it comes fully upgraded, maybe you can get a faster speed of ram? not sure.
    I didn't read anything about it being maxed out at 1GB of RAM. Then again, I skimmed through it, so maybe I missed something.

I know for a fact its not soldered onto the motherboard as I've seen pictures of the entire thing disassembled.

I'm pretty sure it goes up to 2GB at the very least, although I could be wrong, but I'm about 98% sure though. I was just wondering if it went up any higher, like 4GB? Which I think is as high as you can go for a single slot.

But I'm more curious about what it can handle speed and cas wise. I think I've decided on one of these though, but I'm not sure which one to get? Which is better?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231164
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

DDR2 667 is a better choice.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    I didn't read anything about it being maxed out at 1GB of RAM. Then again, I skimmed through it, so maybe I missed something.

I know for a fact its not soldered onto the motherboard as I've seen pictures of the entire thing disassembled.

I'm pretty sure it goes up to 2GB at the very least, although I could be wrong, but I'm about 98% sure though. I was just wondering if it went up any higher, like 4GB? Which I think is as high as you can go for a single slot.

But I'm more curious about what it can handle speed and cas wise. I think I've decided on one of these though, but I'm not sure which one to get? Which is better?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231164
    it said it in the specs... I would think that you could at least have 2 gb... it would be dumb to limit the ram such in this day and age. but it is a netbook... so... I have no idea. lol.
    ber is id elicous

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

I have the 1000 model with 2GBs of RAM.

-CollinstheClown

Quote Originally Posted by Collinstheclown View Post
    I have the 1000 model with 2GBs of RAM.

-CollinstheClown
    ok well thats good to know. I figured that 1 gb was a little low
    ber is id elicous

considering its a netbook.. 1Gb should be more than enough..
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

true but 2 is better than one!
    ber is id elicous

Monster Garage Math... 2 is better than 1... but 3 is better than 2... im sure there is many more cool things ya could do to that eeepc than add ram.. ive seen ones with touch screen bluetooth u name it all built in
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.