Thread: Wanted: Older AM2 motherboard

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Wanted: Older AM2 motherboard

I'm wanting to make a simple PC for my kids and I already have an Athlon 64 3800 and DDR2 memory. What I don't have is a board to put them in. I need one with two SATA ports and preferably on-board video.

If anyone has anything they'd be willing to part with let me know, I have cash and other stuff.

Thanks!!
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Default Re: Wanted: Older AM2 motherboard

I think I might have something. I remember that I had removed the stock heat sink mount so that I could use a Zalman and seemed to have misplaced it .. so you will need to use some sort of aftermarket cooler. Let me see if I can dig it up and I will get back to you.

Coolers I've got. Let me know, thanks!
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Crap! I never did mail you that PC case/motherboard did I?? I will get to it this weekend. Free of charge, I waited waaaay too long. My bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

This is what I found. It doesn't have onboard video, but it does have plenty of SATA.

You're gunna get another 3800+ too.

Let me know, and I will get it out asap.

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    Crap! I never did mail you that PC case/motherboard did I?? I will get to it this weekend. Free of charge, I waited waaaay too long. My bad.
    Dude, don't worry about it. Appreciate the offer but it looks like OvRiDe has me covered.

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    This is what I found. It doesn't have onboard video, but it does have plenty of SATA.

You're gunna get another 3800+ too.

Let me know, and I will get it out asap.

Package received, thanks *very* much!!

No worries my friend, glad to pass it on to someone that will use it.