Thread: FREE! Mechanical keyboard o-rings

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default FREE! Mechanical keyboard o-rings

I recently bought my first mechanical keyboard, the K70 from Corsair (which I love, by the way).

I was struck by how loud the keys are so I ordered a set of dampening o-rings from WASD Keyboards. They fit over the stems on the keycaps and keep the key from bottoming out and making so much noise.

They DID quiet it down a lot, but they also made the keys feel more "mushy" than I like, so I took them off and I'm offering them up here for anyone who might have wanted to try them on a mechanical keyboard of their own but didn't want to spend $20 on a set. I'll even pay for postage within the continental US.

These are the red o-rings found here:

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.p...tml#ad-image-0

The set doesn't come with a keycap puller but I have an extra I'll throw in. Just PM me with your info and I'll get the set to you.

“Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Default Re: FREE! Mechanical keyboard o-rings

Definitely interested in trying them out. I just recently got a Gigabyte Aivia Osmium with Cherry Browns and white backlighting. Loving it so far, but it's fairly noisy. I'd love to try toning it down a little.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Done, I'll try to get them in the mail tomorrow.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Awesome. Much appreciated.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin