Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scared ****less Of

Default Re: Scared ****less Of

you learn something everyday ^^, man im glad it wasn't screeching, that would have creeped me so much
    My Rig: Silverstonetek TJ07 Black case (4 akasa 120mm amber, 2 akasa 92mm blue)
    ASUS M2N32-SLI nForce 5 / AMD AM2 4800 X2 / XFX 7950GX2 Xtreme 520Mhz
    X-Fi Xtreme Music / 2Gb Corsair, DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15 / 150GB WD Raptor
    400GB Barracuda / LiteON 16x DVD+/-RW / Sony DVD Rom 48xCD

This system is protected by Norton IS 2006; The only security suite with a hideous yellow taskbar.
    ¬_¬

ATX Mental Case

I dont mind moths, its the crane flys (in england we call them Daddy-longlegs, which is actually a type of spider in america) i hate, there so stupid and crash into everything. Im not scared of them, they just piss me right offf, buzzing around in no particular direction. I never kill spiders in my house because it brings me joy to see crane flys get caught in their webs and eaten spiders are like my little pest control unit.

I once thought my computer was going to blow up because one got sucked into the fan at the front and made a really loud bzzzzz before disloging itself from the fan blades. Needless to say i crapped myself thinking somthing had overheated until i saw lots of legs dotted around the case and bits of crane fly body splattered over my HSF.

Quote Originally Posted by FyR
    I dont mind moths, its the crane flys (in england we call them Daddy-longlegs, which is actually a type of spider in america) i hate, there so stupid and crash into everything. Im not scared of them, they just piss me right offf, buzzing around in no particular direction. I never kill spiders in my house because it brings me joy to see crane flys get caught in their webs and eaten spiders are like my little pest control unit.

I once thought my computer was going to blow up because one got sucked into the fan at the front and made a really loud bzzzzz before disloging itself from the fan blades. Needless to say i crapped myself thinking somthing had overheated until i saw lots of legs dotted around the case and bits of crane fly body splattered over my HSF.
    good, the son of a bitch deserved it in my opinion, all bugs should either die or leave me be, one or the other.
    My Rig: Silverstonetek TJ07 Black case (4 akasa 120mm amber, 2 akasa 92mm blue)
    ASUS M2N32-SLI nForce 5 / AMD AM2 4800 X2 / XFX 7950GX2 Xtreme 520Mhz
    X-Fi Xtreme Music / 2Gb Corsair, DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15 / 150GB WD Raptor
    400GB Barracuda / LiteON 16x DVD+/-RW / Sony DVD Rom 48xCD

This system is protected by Norton IS 2006; The only security suite with a hideous yellow taskbar.
    ¬_¬

Slug Toy, you're bug knowledge is awesome.

Bugs get a bad wrap. 99.9% of them aren't dangerous.

Spiders get a worse wrap. Personally I rather like spiders and snakes. They do pest population control. Just don't mess with me while I'm sleeping.

As for moths, they rule.
    Until you have one land on you and stay for over an hour, you don't realize just how awesome moths really are. They do shudder like stated before and it's really neat.

I feel the same way about fireflies. I've had them land on me while outdoors and stick around for a long time.

Does anyone else have junebugs?
    Picture: http://www.cnr.berkeley.edu/citybugs...a/junebug.jpeg

You guys are messed up, man.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Anodized

Small moths I can take...when they get to be the size of small birds, that's when I back away slowly.

But I would take 200 bird sized moths anyday before I took roaches and palmetto bugs (which is a giant roach). I once was walking down a sidewalk at night and I wasn't paying attention and I stepped and heard this horrid crunching noise...I jumped about 3 feet in the air and ran about 6 feet. When I turned around I saw that I had stepped on a MASSIVE palmetto bug (it was the size of a saucer, or small plate) and it was still ALIVE and WALKING! I have never been so freaked out in my entire life. The really freaky part is that the palmetto bugs can fly...a giant flying roach...I shudder even as I write this...now that's gross!

Rankenphile

As much as I hate spiders (and I really, really hate spiders - it's a phobia, I know it is irrational, but I hate 'em regardless) I don't think any of us has room to complain until one of our Australian friends decides to chime in on this conversation.

You think your bugs are bad? Move to Australia. Hehehe.

2 things I hate. Spiders, and medical needles.

But the worst bugsI have seen have been in Flordia. I was landing a plane at camp once and had to swerve to avoid a beetle the size of a baseball on the runway. Dang I hate bugs.

Ranken is right. Aussies have it the worst. Look at their top 10 spiders and at least 3 are deadly.

The one bug I cannot stand is centipedes. I have been bitten by one before and I kill them anytime I see them.

I live next to a field and I had an 8 foot black snake in my front yard about a month ago. My neighbors have little kids and freaked out and I explained to them that black snakes arent dangerous at all and eat small vermin like mice. I wonder what happened to that snake.

As for moths, I would be ok with a moth the size of a small bird. I dont get bothered by most creatures.

Camel spiders and scorpions I am not a fan of.

Life is like an analogy...

christ... if i saw something like an atlas moth (the one with the 12 inch wingspan) id be running after it. its on my list of things to hold.... poisonous centipedes, spiders, scorpions, and snakes are already crossed off.

Does anyone else have junebugs?
    oh ya, we got those in the interior (penticton, kelowna, kamloops... those kinds of places). not huge, but probably golf ball sized.

You think your bugs are bad? Move to Australia
    oh god, the poor aussies. i actually want to go there just for those reasons... get up close and personal with a funnel web or trap door spider. the most DANGEROUS thing we have here is rattlesnakes.

dont mind moths, its the crane flys
    you know what i hate? horse flies, botflies, mosquitos, blackflies. i hate anything that goes out of its way to get you. other than that... some DO creep me out a bit, but curiosity always wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it