Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scared ****less Of

Default Scared ****less Of

Don't laugh..

A moth that keeps flying around

Man im so ****ing scared of these things. especially the big ones, and the really big ones. the one in my room now is about 2 inches long :'( its so disgusting the way it flys and has a icky body >_< everytime it gets near me i throw my laptop on the floor and have to run out of my room with a pillow >_< i must look like such a tit.

anyone kno how to get rid of them other than swinging cowardly at them with pillows?
    My Rig: Silverstonetek TJ07 Black case (4 akasa 120mm amber, 2 akasa 92mm blue)
    ASUS M2N32-SLI nForce 5 / AMD AM2 4800 X2 / XFX 7950GX2 Xtreme 520Mhz
    X-Fi Xtreme Music / 2Gb Corsair, DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15 / 150GB WD Raptor
    400GB Barracuda / LiteON 16x DVD+/-RW / Sony DVD Rom 48xCD

This system is protected by Norton IS 2006; The only security suite with a hideous yellow taskbar.
    ¬_¬

Life is like an analogy...

Default Re: Scared ****less Of

aw dont try to kill it... they're harmless and they tickle, and they vibrate when they land on you, expecially the big ones.

2 inches is nothing though. theres one we have around here called the polyphemus. its actually pretty common all over north america. the polyphemus can have a wingspan of over 6 inches. the atlas moth, commonly found in thailand after dusk, can have a wingspan of over a foot... you can hear them before you can see them.

if you have a net, and you're reasonably careful, you can definitely catch it that way. moths can take a bit of punishment. but for god sake dont kill it. the big ones are often the rarest because they're prime targets for birds and bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Polyphemus is the name of the Cyclops in the Oddesy (The one that Odysseus blinds with a wooden stake).

=D

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Dude...totally!

slug toy has a good point. dont kill it. catch it in a net and let it go outside so a bat can eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    aw dont try to kill it... they're harmless and they tickle, and they vibrate when they land on you, expecially the big ones.

2 inches is nothing though. theres one we have around here called the polyphemus. its actually pretty common all over north america. the polyphemus can have a wingspan of over 6 inches. the atlas moth, commonly found in thailand after dusk, can have a wingspan of over a foot... you can hear them before you can see them.

if you have a net, and you're reasonably careful, you can definitely catch it that way. moths can take a bit of punishment. but for god sake dont kill it. the big ones are often the rarest because they're prime targets for birds and bats.

EWWW!! BIG ****ING EWWW

i dunno if its the same breed, probably wont, but there was one that flew into my computer room about 2 years ago, its body was at least 4 or 5 inches long and i coudnt even bring myself to kill it i was that scared. you could see its hairy segmented body >_< i agree 2 inches is nothing but to me a moth is moth *hides*

This system is protected by Norton IS 2006; The only security suite with a hideous yellow taskbar.
    ¬_¬

heh I love watching the bats out of my living room window, catching the moths and skeeters. We often sit out on the deck and watch them swoop in. you can see them about 2-3 feet above your head catching the insects your body attracts... Wish I could tape it for you but I dont have a recorder that can see in low light.

A frinkin moth... Are you for real?

Ill admit that they arent the cutest creature of the insect kingdom but they are harmless. If you going to be afraid of a bug why dont you pick somthing that has the slight probabillity of doing you harm. Like a spider or somthing..

Slug: Man you sure know your bugs... Some moths actually give off cyanide gas. Which we should all know is not a good thing to inhale
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cana-Balsitic
    A frinkin moth... Are you for real?

Ill admit that they arent the cutest creature of the insect kingdom but they are harmless. If you going to be afraid of a bug why dont you pick somthing that has the slight probabillity of doing you harm. Like a spider or somthing..

Slug: Man you sure know your bugs... Some moths actually give off cyanide gas. Which we should all know is not a good thing to inhale
    yes im for real, i have mottephobia theyre too ugly to be harmless, they freak me the **** out spiders in the uk arnt anything to be afriad of, i dislike them, but no where near as much moths

¬_¬

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

tajking about spiders....
    heh the spiders in my room are like 2 inches or even more, i feed them bugs,
    and about the moth, DONT kill it, it wont do you nothing instead try looking at it, you wil see the beauty of it, i just cant kill an insect,thow i have no remorse killing an animal

LOUD AND PROUD !

Quote Originally Posted by overdosedelusion
    yes im for real, i have mottephobia theyre too ugly to be harmless, they freak me the **** out spiders in the uk arnt anything to be afriad of, i dislike them, but no where near as much moths

Spiders where I live take chunks out of you and jump at you if you mess with them. I pretty much leave them alone since they control the bad insects in my garden and weed out the mosquito population.