Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm finally graduating!

Default I'm finally graduating!

Well, it took five years, but tomorrow I will graduate with my masters in architecture. The good news is that I've had a lot of interest from quite a few firms, even a few offers. Bad news is that the one firm I'm most interested in still hasn't made an offer, and I have no clue how much it will be for.

But none of that matters at the moment because I'm graduating!

Default Re: I'm finally graduating!

Congratulations dude!!! That is fantastic! I know you have been working very hard over the last few years, and I remember a few times where you seemed pretty overwhelmed, so I know how sweet this moment is. Kick back and enjoy the moment you earned it! I know it this might not mean a whole lot since we pretty much just know each other from an online forum, but I am proud of you. As for the offer, I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Again a very well deserved Congratulations!

Congratulations!!! Fingers crossed on the offer you want as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

congrats man.

Thanks everyone. OvRiDe, I totally know the feeling. We may only know each other through this forum, but the people who are still here have stayed through lots of ups and downs and other changes. I feel happy for people in the good times, and sad for others in the bad. TGS just bought a house (woo hoo). We lost Bucko a few years back . People have graduated high school, gotten married, gotten mission calls for their church, had children. It's really nice to experience that with a close group of people here.

I've been a member of the forum for over nine years. A lot happens to a lot of people over that amount of time. It would be weird not to celebrate that stuff with you all at this point.

I'll post pictures when I get a little time. For now it looks like I'm not going get a break because I think I'll be moving this next week. I'm still not positive where (not even what city), just that I am. It's going to be crazy and starting Tuesday I might not be on for a week or two. (Not that I've been all that active lately anyway. This last semester was so crazy.)

Congrats dude! that's awesome. Hard work pays off!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Very impressive!

Congrats!

One word of advice, take some time off before starting a new job. Your potential employer would understand and probably encourage it as well since you will come in refreshed and ready to build a new sky scraper!
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Congrats! That's a really momentous occasion! Finished up my drawn out undergrad just a few years ago and I still smile thinking about how nice it was to be done. My advice is to frame your degree in a nice frame and put it somewhere you can see it. It makes for a great reminder about how hard you've worked to get where you are. Good luck with hearing back from your preferred firm, hope it works out for you!
    TheMainMan

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Gangster!

My uncle works for ARUP across the pond, you've got quite a career ahead of you if his life has been any indication as to how far that line of work can take you =)

I visited ARUP in London when I was there last summer. It was a pretty sweet office.

I finally heard back from the Philly firm today. The offer was not nearly as good as the Salt Lake City offer, but we went with it anyway. My wife wants to be close to family. Too bad her family can't pay me several thousand a year to make up the difference between the offers.

In any case, we are packing and trying to get things ready to start driving Thursday. We don't have a place to live lined up, but I have a friend in Philly that might help and hopefully in the 4-5 days of driving we can make something happen.