Thread: Want to buy Socket-478 P4 mobo and proc

Default Want to buy Socket-478 P4 mobo and proc

Hoping this post doesn't violate TBCS rules, lol. Mods please do whatever you wish with this post.

I need to build an "extreme" P4 system to use as a platform for my sordid, unnatural electronic experiments. Mwoohahahahaaa!

Specifically, I want to buy (as parts or as a system):

- Socket478 P4 Prescott 3.2GHz/800FSB processor ... or one of the better Extreme versions
    - ASUS P4C800-Deluxe mobo ... I think the best Socket478 mobo ever made, unless better can be suggested
    - 4 x 1GB PC3200/DDR400 RAM ... this is basically top spec without OC, and good enough for my purposes
    - AGP8X ATI Radeon 3850 or similar/better beast AGP GPU for P4, hopefully packing at least 1-2GB onboard (more is always better!)
    - Some kind of decent cooling system, it may never be overclocked but my plans might make it run pretty hot

Importantly, the proc/chipset/mobo need to integrate or emulate Intel PAT and, of course, HyperThreading.
    Not at all interested in anything Celeron, Socket-479, LGA775, DualCore, or later/better stuff.
    Not at all interested in any procs or GPUs which are factory overclocked.
    Don't care about PSU, chassis, etc, since it'll mostly be an ugly tangle of wires and ribbons splayed across a test bench.
    If the mobo is damaged, it must still have working (or repairable) PS/2 keyboard+mouse ports, RS232 ports/connectors (2+), floppy connector, at least one HDD connector (any kind), and at least two 2-port USB1.1/2.0 controllers ... need these for basic operation with interface to device programmers, debug toys, and custom circuitry. ASUS boards kinda preferred because their JTAG interfaces are well documented. Gigabyte not so bad, either, since their thick UD-branded PCB traces are substantially easier to solder.

Anyone have these (or similar) parts/systems they're willing to sell?
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

Default Re: Want to buy Socket-478 P4 mobo and proc

Just a bump. And, lol, I realize this is kinda in the wrong forum, but it is what it is and it's too much effort for me to repost where it really belongs, sorry folks.

Nobody has a nice old Asus P4C800-E Deluxe mobo they could sell to me?

I've got a ton of Propellers and SXs and other programmable parts, all programmed (to Asus datasheet specs) and soldered onto nice little PCBs, just waiting for my Socket-478 hackjob!
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Default Re: Want to buy Socket-478 P4 mobo and proc

I actually had a very thorough look through all my old stuff and the best I could come up with is an ECS 865M85-GU attached to an unknown Celeron. Basically, anything higher end I had from that era has been long run into the ground and only the low end survives.
    TheMainMan