Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Alien Hospital

maximan1

Default Re: Project: Alien Hospital

Wow the mouse is awsome. My mom paints too but she doesn't have THAT many paints. Cool.

Fresh Paint

i still cant tell which one is the mouse?!

maximan1

the black one

Noo, the brown one heheheh

Thanks guys

Sorry for the late update, i was busy with some other things, like bulding a new subwoofer. But i couldn't resist getting my hands on the alien, and worked out some details:

The eyes have a smooth junction with the skin. (All the bright clay is self-hardening, other clay is oven-clay.)

Teeths were mounted in some clay. Note it will be sanded etc.

The top of his head. Trough the mesh you'll see the "brains". Wich are actually exist of a small HDD, some PCB's and fibers. A digital brain hehe

The blood wich should "run" trough his veins should come from somewhere... Ecaxtly, the small tube should do the trick. 2 of them leaves the body and enters the head form both sides. Later i should figure out how to make a nice blood-like liquid. tips/sugesstions? No need to have the liquid flowing trough the tube, as long as it looks like there is a liquid in it it's OK.

Look, brains I replaced the metal spacers with acrylic ones. Just put 2 green led's in it and the platters will light up awesome!

The fibers were feed trough a spiral made from very thin metalwire. It prevents braking them and looks very technical. here are 2 fibers on each side, Rx and TX with red and green light.

I've polished/cleaned the grill, and found a usefull motor for it, works on 12v and has a slip meganism on it so it doesn't mather if the motor runs a bit longer than it should.

Rankenphile

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing results from this.

Finaly a new update.

I'm back from a hollyday trip, did some work and other important modding/hobby's and now there is time for modding again. I realy need to, before i would forget all the ideas i have. To make it even worse i've lost some paintings and idea's i've made.

Anyway, i bought a new tool:

Normaly i cut acryl with dremel, this should work much better with less heat, noise and dust.

The alien is in a hospital, so here is a part of is operation. A open wound in his stomache. It's hard to visualize because you don't see the natural colors, that's making the modding more dificult too.

Head+ body together. Note the difference in both shoulders. The reason for that is that both arms are in different direction. (and it's very hard to work symmetric hehe). The skin is rough, there will be details added like his head. ( veins, scratches/wounds etc.)

Close-up of the open wound. after painting i hope it's clear that there is a piece of skin flapped away, offcourse with some blood etc.

The brains. You can barely see 4 fibers on the left side (painted black). With some imagination these act as fiber channels to the HDD. With some led's the brains will produce a nice light effect because there will be light emitted between the HDD platters too

The wall of fame various newspapers and magazines where i'm in, AFAIK 1 magazine is missing.

4 fibers are connected to his head. 2 RX and 2 TX channels. Here you can see the TX channel, with reen led's. All the led's will be connected to a microcontroller to let them blink lika a real data pattern. (or HDD activity)

His dangerous looking mouth.

That's it. I'm realy hoping to make some fast progress with the brains. I want to know how the head turns out when painted.

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I went "Oooooh". So much potential here and it looks like you've got a good start. Can't wait to see it finished.

Anodized

the "blood" could be cooling fluid (even water with food dye) but it seems to me as the perfect oportunity for water cooling I'm thinkin' a window covered by thet awesome grill (what I think you had in mid anyway) and some red cold cothodes, or, if you really want some extra ninja points (the international currency of Jacobia) you could buy a cheep disco ball thing
    http://www.plustron.com/it020020.jpg
    and replace the light bulb with LEDs and all of the translucent things with shades of red and some bright martian green.
    Oh, and Jack Bauer will give you some pirate gold

I seem to recall seeing in a movie commentary that they used vegetable oil and food coloring for blood. I don't know whether that would be necessary in this case since it's just going to be sitting in tubes but I figured it was worth a mention.

In any case I agree that the best thing would be to integrate it into a water cooling system.