Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Alien Hospital

Default Re: Project: Alien Hospital

One of these would look good bedside...

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Yes offcourse there should be display's, buttons, blinking led's etc. To make it look like a instrument. But then i need my aluminium sheet. So for now i first want to make the hand tools

sooo nice! I really like what I see. One of the best theme cases I've seen. Keep it up!

Yet another tool has been made, the tweezer:

We start with these 2 sides which will be glued together once finished. The one at the front had already some polishing.

After more polishing and gluing the 2 parts together. I don't think it's realy necessary to polish them to the max. It should look like RVS, not chrome. The case itself won't be shiny as well. It's the industrial look

The engraving has been done with the proxxon. Offcourse, cause doing this by hand is impossible. The actual size is +/- 7CM

Both sides have a little difference in height, you can only see that at the point where they are glued together.....

...But once the glue was hardened i sanded the sides down and gave the rear edge a nice round finish.

Building time: 4 hours.

Next? I think 2 grips, 1 for organic stuff, and 1 for the metal screws as used in the alien's knee. After that i think i have enough skills and ideas to build a replacement leg, existing of aluminum and other sci-fi stuff.

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Some images aren't showimg up man! I need to see them!! AHHHHHHH.
    Copyright.

That's strange, i've got a good host, but they moved to a new data center today, maybe that's the problem. Well, i think they'll be fine within a few hours.

The pics are working fine on my computer. Oh and if a surgeon saw you call those "tweezers" he would scream at you "Those are foreceps!"

Some other cool instruments could be an antique syringe:

scalpels:

and of course, electrodes:

Last edited by jdbnsn; 06-30-2007 at 03:25 PM.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Thanks for the input!

I thought tweezers would bve right, because electro technicians use that word too afaik? Well, glad i'm not a surgeon. I noticed that i wrote scissor on the wrong way as well

Scalpel is important too yeah, i've forgotten to name it, but i have one at my work (very useful when repairing PCB's) and that made me think of maikng one.

Instead of electrodes i'm considering nails with fibers connected to it. Got that from a Matrix scene (where neo has just entered the matrix).

Syringe is a must have, ill make one

Quote Originally Posted by _ferry_ View Post
    Thanks for the input!

I thought tweezers would bve right, because electro technicians use that word too afaik? Well, glad i'm not a surgeon. I noticed that i wrote scissor on the wrong way as well

Scalpel is important too yeah, i've forgotten to name it, but i have one at my work (very useful when repairing PCB's) and that made me think of maikng one.

Instead of electrodes i'm considering nails with fibers connected to it. Got that from a Matrix scene (where neo has just entered the matrix).

Syringe is a must have, ill make one

LOL great job. I love what youre doing. I also work in the medical field and get a kick out of some of the names people give to the instruments they use. What about a catheter? Easy to make with some tubing and run it into a artery! LOL
    The last time I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was another train headed towards me.

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post

Some other cool instruments could be an antique syringe:

The syringe would look great. I think using antique medical tools on an alien body would give it a darker look.
    *****COMMON SENSE AIN'T COMMON*****