Thread: what can be done to the thermaltake tai chi

Default what can be done to the thermaltake tai chi

It would be my first time to try to mode a case but I am willing and wanting to try something. but really I have little tools or space to work with ( I live in a small apt in south korea) I have done almost all I wanted to the inside now to think about the outside. looking for ways to change it and make it mine. I have the thermaltake tai chi water cooling case that has been upgraded and improved on. Pics to follow

does anyone have any ideas that won't cost to much but would make this case look different?

thanks

Default Re: what can be done to the thermaltake tai chi

hmm, not much u can do...the side is taken by watercooling, the top os awkward with the ridges and handles (:p handles) and the front already looks nice. I'd say leave it as is...i love the smooth lines of this case

Anodized

im think custom resivors. (idk how to spell that word sorry to all you spelling bee champs)
    A wise man once said "Enjoy every sandwich."

Life is like an analogy...

ok, i have an idea for you.

step 1: take your case, make sure you dont have anything fragile in it, and toss it out the window. then go find it, and beat it was a stick until its no longer recognizable.

step 2: cover all the walls in your apartment with checkerplate.

step 3: weld the horrible computer case to the wall while blindfolded.

step 4: throw your entire apartment out the window, then find it and beat it with a very large stick.

step 5: weld your apartment back on the rest of the building.... while blindfolded.

step 6: enjoy.

or you could just change up the location of usb ports... new paint... 18" rims... turbo charge it... lift kit... and maybe slap an industrial air conditioning unit on it.

but seriously... i dont think we can tell you what YOU want. you can tell us what YOU want though. what i sometimes do if im desperate for ideas is... get some booze, drink until i cant stop falling out of my chair, and then draw a picture of what i want. theres probably a 50/50 chance that what i draw makes any sense, and if it does... i try to run with it. i havent done that for a while now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Look at the case,
    think of things YOU like,
    things that interest YOU,
    sit down with pen and paper,
    try to merge the current case with one or two of the things YOU like (on paper).
    once you have a design or two that you like, look into realising the design, (TBCS forumers can possibly help with ideas on this step)
    e.g. what materials would be needed to do this, what sort of modifications, what are the current limitations of your abilities (slightly overestimating your skill will make it interesting), also keep your work area in mind (using an angle grinder on your kitchen floor may prove troublesome),(TBCS forumers can possibly help with ideas on this step)
    now knowing which design you want/can do, prepare at least a loose plan, an order of execution (which bits will be really hard if done last etc), then get the bits and do it. (TBCS forumers can possibly help with ideas on this step)

Case Wizard

Since he is looking to mod on a budget, I don't think it is best to blow all your funds on beer.

But, jestyyr nailed it right on the mark.