Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: [Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935 : New Build!

Default Re: [Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935 : New Build!

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    Awesome. And I've been following on Facebook.
    Thanks Tom! =D

Default [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 3/1/15 : Rear Panel, RAM, MB! Light at the end of the

Hey everyone! I apologize for the lengthy delay in updates! Clockwerk Case Mods has really picked up on client work and as someone trying to grow as a business I cannot turn away these jobs. One being a full case mod I am still plugging away on Cyprus29 every chance I get though. I am now basically done with the outside of the case and working on finishing up the components and dialing in the interior of the top case. I have new reservoir designs as well now that the CNC is in full swing. I will probably have one more update before my final update!

Before I go any further I want to that the awesome companies supporting this project! Without you guys this would not be possible! You have all been so supportive and understanding! I am currently working on a new project watermark and converting it to the theme of the build I only have 3 out of the 6 done so far but I will hopefully have it done by next update. I also hope to have this build done in the coming weeks.

First thing on my agenda was wrapping up the outside panels of the case. I have a few more little trim pieces to add to the bottom case as I changed the pattern on the top and ran out of them.

I was waiting on getting to McMaster Carr to pick up more of the ¼” acrylic stock so I started on the interior of the case modding the last of the hardware. All that is left now is one GPU block. First I did the motherboard shroud then I did the memory. These components were pretty popular when I shared them on twitter I wasn’t expecting all the awesome feedback, but it sure is a motivating feeling!

Here is a few shots to give you an idea of the layout!

Now per usual here are the video updates I have on the progress I made! I hope you enjoy them! Next on my agenda is cutting a new motherboard tray on my CNC with wire mgmt. installed. I also have a new design for both my reservoirs. The top is a dual tube reservoir and the bottom is a channel style reservoir. I will have that in the next update which will hopefully be in only a couple weeks! I am luck to also have understanding clients and they know that his is an important project to me and I can take a little time to work on it.

Here are the videos!

The rear panel video.

I want to thank you all again for tuning in to the build and I will be back soon to get this guy wrapped up!!
    [/B]

The brushed-metal factory finish on those Swiftech parts looks very attractive to my eye. Much better than their (now unexciting) EKWG counterparts.

Love the new look on your PSU, lol. A perfect excuse to haul mine back to the worktable.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    The brushed-metal factory finish on those Swiftech parts looks very attractive to my eye. Much better than their (now unexciting) EKWG counterparts.

Love the new look on your PSU, lol. A perfect excuse to haul mine back to the worktable.
    Thanks bud! Glad I could help get you thinking about the PSU =D

Hey everyone just wanted to check in and let everyone know Cyprus is about to wrap up very soon here! Im officially going to be leaving my job to mod full time, Im so backed up with client work I can't keep up and that was my personal goal to get to before I made this move and its going to happen! August 14th is my last day of work and Clockwerk Computer Modification will be my full time job! Ill have so much more time to focus on videos for YouTube, and update projects regularly, and get my official website finally established and working! I also have an a big project coming upright after Cyprus29 Ill announce soon as its released of NDA. I hope to have another Cyprus29 update a week after I leave my job because Ill be on Cyprus for a few hours daily then. Client work during the day then have personal project time every day which im extremely excited for! Anyways I will talk to you all very soon I just wanted to fill you all in and thanks to everyone who has helped me and shown support, my hard work and dream is coming to fruition and I wouldnt be able to do what I am doing without the love and support! Cheers!!

Alright guys! I can't believe how long its been since I updated my forums for this project. I was waiting and waiting to get time to edit a video but I just never was able to get to it, the build is far from dead and I am getting close to the final weeks until completion. If you have been following my work on social media you have seen this already. I have just been so buried in client work that 2 months ago many people know I left my job and started modding for clients full time, at first it was slow and I was very unorganized but now I have my schedule dialed in and the orders are picking up and things are going well! It was a tough choice but it was worth the pay cut now to be able to do what I love every day all day. Now I have time to work on my own builds and was also able to take on the responsibility of judging the MSI Pro Mod Season 3 which required a demo build from the judges. I still haven't had time to set aside for video editing, that is what I plan to work in to my routine next. For now I have a handful of pictures to share. I began the final assembly and final paint, I am working my way from the bottom up dialing in the final touches.

The Checklist to Completion looks like this:
    {1} Top case front bezel reservoir mod - Like the one you will see in this update for the bottom case.
    {2} Liquid channel panel top case floor panel with I/O - It will serve as a channel panel with the IO build in.
    {3} Sleeve pump and SSDs with pass through holes through the bottom case midpanel.
    {4} The panel mount wiring for MB, CPU, and GPU atx cables.
    {5} Custom fan enclosures and painting.
    {6} Route and sleeve all loose LED and Fan wires.
    {7} Install the 1ft IO jumpers from MB and GPU to my own custom rear IO plate.
    {8} Install Copper tubing and fill the loop.

There is not much left at all, about a total of 30 to 40 hours of labor I hope to finish by the end of this month.

Well lets move on to the update I have. I am only going with 15 pictures because some forums this build is on are limited with the pictures per post for some reason. You can find more photos on my Facebook page for Clockwerk Computer Modification. I will post up another update next week, and then, then a final update the following week, with final photos a few days after that!

Alright first thanks to my sponsors on this wild ride, their patience and their support is like none other, I was never once rushed or felt stressed, they have all been very supportive in my following my dream and never pressured me. Cheers to them. Without them this wouldn't of been possible!

I will start form the ground up!

First modding the Case Feet, I wanted to make them even bigger and beefier than they already were! So I added copper painted acrylic inserts! A trick I learned recently is decanning spray paint, you make an spout for your paint can and spray it in a jar or cup and then you can either thin it for the air brush or spray from a spray gun.

Working my way up the case I made the mounting cut out for the power supply as well as a custom 3d printed 90 to add to my custom power jumper that will feed to the custom IO rear plate to my custom power cable I made. Lots of custom lol.

Here is the 90 adapter.

I am also building up the build with my new case cube model 3d printed with abs. It works just as well as the aluminum and I am using my build to show their capability. It will be available for sale at Overkill-PCs in the very near future!

Here is the custom power cable I made, held together with custom copper cable combs made from 1/8" plate copper.

And here is the bottom case basically complete, need to run wires for the pump and SSDs yet. I also made a new bezel design with a custom reservoir built in as well as running the copper bar theme like the sides and back of the case.

Well in order to keep from complicating my other forum posts and double posting Im going to wrap this up here, I have time planned this week to get some major hours in on this build and push to wrap it up. I want to get the bottom case totally finished with wires and all, the front bezel on the top case, and the liquid channel panel, so the final update will be just wires and water tubing. The wire layout I have planned I haven't seen in a mod yet so I am really excited to show everyone!

Thanks for watching and stay tuned its almost there!!

Cool stuff!
    It looks like very good.
    Thanks for your sharing.
    If there were no clouds, we should not enjoy the sun.Nice try hiding a spam link here. Keep it up and you'll be banned.

Hey Everybody! Its been a long time coming on this one! Sorry for the long gap in updates, the build went back burner to client projects, then to the MSI Pro Mod, then more client projects. Eventually I made a stand to push for a completed build for Quakecon 2016 a few weeks ago. I had a 36 hour modding marathon up until hopping in the car for our 17 hour drive, and after the grueling delirious hour of work, the build didn't power up. Not only that many things were rushed and corners were cut. I tried fixing it in my hotel room but to no avail. The trip was not in vein though, Heath Coop (Tek by Design) and I competed as a team in the 24hr live mod at Quakecon and won first place with our Doom themed build. That was an awesome experience and I will be returning next year with a working Cyprus29 and also to spend the 3 days gaming and relaxing this time lol.

I am almost done with the build now and have tons of photos to share with you all. Unfortunately Cyprus is on 15 or so forums, some only allowing 10 photos, so to make updating these forums a little more organized over the next couple weeks Im rolling out this update, plus 3 more, and then a final photos update to wrap this sucker up! To see the full photo sets from this update, and future updates, head over to my new website, Clockwerk Industries, where I will be hosting all my upcoming worklogs. Some forums do not like links to outside pages so you can just google it or check my social media accounts. I am also building a 1200mm by 900mm 100w Reci Co2 Laser next week and started a store on my website. The laser should also open the door to some sick stuff for my upcoming mods. I will also be doing a build log for the laser on my website, mod zoo, and CNCzone. Stay tuned for that one!

Alright now that we caught up a bit lets start the update 1 of my final 4.

Of course a huge huge thanks to the amazing and patient sponsors on this build!

So I I wanted to run the copper bar theme throughout the build so I brought it to the front. I first cut a base for the mid section and top bezels.

After that I cut .25" acrylic stock into bars and chamfered the corners on the mill.

Next up is the copper paint!

Finally I glued the bars on the bezels were finally finished!

The top bezel has a hole pattern for mounting the top bezel reservoir which I will show in one of the coming updates.

Thats all for this update! I wish I didnt have this build on so many forums I would have more photos in my posts. Well, until the next post, a huge thanks to everyone who has been following this build, I appreciate your support! See ya soon!

Beautiful!

Thanks for the update.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    Beautiful!

Thanks for the update.
    Thanks man! No problem! Got another one coming tomorrow or the following day!