Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935 : New Build!

Default [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 3/1/15 : Rear Panel, RAM, MB! Light at the end of the

Hey there everyone! Well I have been busy lately! Finished up Grey Matter, started my Fractal Design build, and also started a 4x2CNC build. I took the case feet from my fractal build and moved them to this project because I have a good idea for them. I want to thank the companies so far supporting this build, I appreciate it!

About this project:

Again I was looking into color schemes that are not often worked with, I wanted to do something unique and creative like Grey Matter, so I decided to use a ROG theme!:thumb: Haha just playing!:duh: I decided on a glossy brushed copper and white theme, I am calling it Cyprus 29. I came up with the name because the first copper mines in the world were located on the island of Cyprus and 29 is the atomic number on the periodic table for copper. I have some copper sheet, white paint and acrylic, brushed copper vinyl wrap. I will be using white Primochill revolvers with 1/2" copper tubing and white pastel liquid. Its going to be an interesting theme and a lot of fun to do!

Don't forget to look here for quick links to my updates! I hope to add videos along the way as well!

[x] Update 1 : March 10 : Paint and panel work. Color scheme visible!
    [x] Update 2 : March 24 : The structure is up. More paint more copper.
    [x] Update 3 : April 9th : Solidify structure, interior panel work.
    [x] Update 4 : April 22nd : Top pedestal, fiberglass work.
    [x] Update 5 : May 5th : Gusset, Shroud, and Sponsors!
    [x] Update 6 : May 27th : Parts came in! Custom LED Trim!
    [x] Update 7 : June 9th : Started custom waterfall reservoirs!
    [x] Update 8 : June 24th : Custom Reservoir trim!
    [x] Update 9 : July 10th : z97, PSU mod, Swiftech sponsors build!
    [x] Update 10: July 28th : Copper Painted watercooling! CNC time!
    [x] Update 11 : Aug. 19th : Painting, SSD panel, and Video!
    [x] Update 12 : Sept. 7th : Finished SSD's, new rear panel, pump enclosure!
    [x] Update 13 : Oct 5th : Grey Matter tear down, GPU, top panel.
    [x] Update 14 : Dec 7th : Doors, Top, Bezel!
    [x] Update 15 : March 1st : Rear Panel, MB and RAM

[x] Update 16 : Nov 11th : Finally an update! Its almost done!

Here will be the compiled list of components:

<> PC Components:
    [x] Case : Cooler Master HAF 935
    [x] PSU : Cooler Master V750w Semi-modular Gold Plus
    [x] CPU: Intel
    [x] MoBo: Asus z97 Sabertooth
    [x] RAM:
    [x] GPU: 2x Evga 780 GTX
    [x] SSD: 2x Corsair Force LX 256Gb - Raid 0
    [x] Optical:

<> Water Cooling System:
    [x] 2x Handmade acrylic waterfall reservoirs
    [x] Primochill 1/2"OD PETG Tubing
    [x] 15x Primochill Nickel Plated Bulkhead
    [x] 50x Primochill Revolver Fittings - Straight Knurl
    [x] Primochill Intensifier Sicle Colors
    [x] Swiftech Apogee XL - Clear - CPU Block
    [x] 2x Swiftech Komodo-NV GPU Block
    [x] Swiftech 240mm Radiator
    [x] Swiftech 360mm Radiator
    [x] Swiftech PWM MCP35x2 Pump - With Heatsink

<> Mod Parts:
    [x] 1/8" white acrylic sheet
    [x] 1/8" clear acrylic sheet
    [x] 3/8" aluminum clockwerk case cubes
    [x] 3mm white LED
    [x] Mod/Smart white MaxCord paracord
    [x] 2x Mod/Smart 20 light LED board

Parts bought from MNPCtech.com

M3 PC Radiator screws.

PC Modders Mesh Sheets.

Rubber U-channel panel edge and window trim.

Alright. With all that out of the way, lets take a look at this beast of a case. First thing I did was get it out of the box and tear some of it down to start planning the component orientation. Thanks again to Cooler Master North America for the case! :thumb:

In case you missed them on he Black Frost Fractal build, here are the beast mode case feet from Casefeet.com. I am going to make copper rings for them.

One gripe I found about the case is these glued in filters, they are a pain when it comes to modding. So I proceeded to razor them all out.

For the component orientation I decided on, I will be using the small case on the bottom as a pedestal. and I also flipped the case so the back door is now the front window so I can flip the motherboard 270°.

Then I did a little prep work and painted the mesh. I painted it a bright white and the plastic panels will be painted with polished copper. Ill have some of that next update. First I scuffed the mesh then washed it off. Let it dry then tack cloth it. Then I sprayed paint adhesive then the paint follow by clear coat. I am using acrylic lacquer paint now as opposed to acrylic enamel in the past.

Well that is what I have for now. I should have an update at least once a week, I try for every Monday. I hope you enjoyed it and are excited as I am! Talk to you all very soon!

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Default Re: [Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935 : New Build!

Sounds like a cool colour scheme! Looking forward to how it turns out.
    TheMainMan

Quote Originally Posted by TheMainMan View Post
    Sounds like a cool colour scheme! Looking forward to how it turns out.
    I haven't seen this exact color scheme yet, should be interesting =D

Looking forward to more. I want to see what people do with the HAF stacker series.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    Looking forward to more. I want to see what people do with the HAF stacker series.
    Thanks! The HAF series has been fun. I did a 932 and a 912, I want to do the HAF-Xc when that comes out, that looks awesome.

Default Re: [Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935 : UPDATE 1 : March 10th : Paint and panels

Hey everyone! I got busy on this build over the last week. I really have to say I am excited to see this build come to be. The copper and white color scheme is really growing to be my favorite scheme yet!

Well lets get into it! Some copper film and paracord came in the mail through the week. I also picked up some painting supplies to start.

I disassembled the entire case.

Once it was apart I did some work to both bottom panels. I removed most of the top case bottom panel and I added the massive case feet to the bottom case bottom panel. I am going to file down the top case bottom panel when my U-channel arrives.

After razor cutting out 75% of the dust filters that are cast into the bezel, I decided to cut the honeycomb plastic fronts out. They are barely visible through the mesh anyway. I will be painting the bezel with this metallic copper paint I just ordered, as long as it matches the copper correctly. All the plastics in the build will get the copper paint and should be prepped and ready when it arrives.

Most work went into the bottom case, or pedestal if you will. First, I had to remove some material from the front.

Then I removed the back panel.

After that I was able to paint and do a little assembly.

I made a new rear panel out of white acrylic. I made new rear panels because of the way my components will be installed.

Then I made a made a new floor out of acrylic and wrapped it in the copper film. I got excited when I saw the copper on the white! Its exactly as awesome at I thought it would be!

The last thing I was working on was my logo plate for the back door of the bottom case. I'm cutting "Cyprus 29" out of white acrylic and attaching it to a polished copper panel backdrop.
    I cut the copper with the Bosch Colt, that boy is a champ!

Once it was cut I started scuffing the oxidation off. Even the brushed copper look is really nice. I will get it polished and finished for next update. I set it where its going to be mounted for a photo.

Well thats all I got for now. Thanks for watching!

Looking good! That copper is beautiful with the white.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

First off, as a fellow HAF Stacker modder, thanks for the ideas. Just watching your dismemberment and individual piece modification has helped.

Second, you're right: The copper on the white is awesome. Does that copper sheet have some kind of anti-corrosive coating on it to keep it shiny?

Third, I really want that Bosch Colt. I've wanted one forever but haven't had the chance to talk to anyone that owns one. You really like it that much?

+ rep for all
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    Looking good! That copper is beautiful with the white.
    Thanks man, I agree with you, I am liking it more and more =D

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    First off, as a fellow HAF Stacker modder, thanks for the ideas. Just watching your dismemberment and individual piece modification has helped.

Second, you're right: The copper on the white is awesome. Does that copper sheet have some kind of anti-corrosive coating on it to keep it shiny?

Third, I really want that Bosch Colt. I've wanted one forever but haven't had the chance to talk to anyone that owns one. You really like it that much?

+ rep for all
    Thanks dude! Good luck on your build glad I could help a little. The copper film should be fine, but the copper plate I am going to have to polish with rubbing compound, it will make it like a mirror just like the film is. The bosch colt is my favorite tool so far. I use it and my router table the most out of anything

Hey there everyone! I wanted to share what I have done over the last couple weeks. I have 5 times the number of forums to update this time around so I am trying to stay on a 2 week update schedule unlike last build I tried to update every week.

If you would like to see some live updates check out my Facebook modding page Clockwerk Case Mods. I regularly post photos and share my work as I am doing it. Then head back to the forums for a bi-weekly update. I also share the work of friends and other modders I have met along the way in my time modding!Basically I just wanted to let you know where I can be found in between updates, now Ill get to my work.

A few Items arrived from MNPCtech.com! Some Modders mesh, U-channel, rad screws, and a monkey modding decal!

I also found some metallic copper paint that matched almost exactly to brushed copper. I would of liked to stay with the reflective polished look but I also liked the brushed look very much as well. I am just happy I found a match!

One of the first things I worked on was building an extension area between the 2 cases to route tubing from bulkheads and route wires. For the way I want to run all my tubing it is definitely needed. The sad thing is i changed my mind on the way I will build it after a lot of work put into building up a frame out of MicroRax. I ran out of parts for the MicroRax and had to make my own. It was a huge pain and I decided to eventually fall back onto the aluminum cubes for an easier cleaner look.

I had to make cut outs to avoid screws.

That wasn't bad, the annoying thing was making the slide in threaded inserts.

The good thing was, by doing all this work, I got a good look at what I will be working with when I build it back up in the next week and create the interior panel layouts. I have a few cool ideas right now for the panels to close in the extension area too.

After building up the case I broke it back down to do a little painting and redesign. I had a MNPCtech billet fan grill I have been wanting to use so I painted it according to the theme and got it mounted. Its use will be to mount a fan the pulls air into the PSU.

It the end I think it looks like it really belongs on this panel lol.

I put the panel back on and got a shot showing how it mounts and its purpose..

I hit the copper paint on the front bezel, it really shows the contrast of the theme well, just like the billet fan grill.

I was at the store and grabbed 10 feet of copper tubing to play around with. I threw some Primochill ghost fittings on a piece to get a look at my tubing set up. Ill be using white revolvers in the actually loop.

Here are a few shots of how the rear panel is attached.

Lastly I mounted all the cubes to the bottom panel of the top case. You will see the significance next update.

Well thats all I have for now. I hope you are enjoying the build so far. Again like I said come check out my page if you wanna check on the build and other modding related stuff in between updates.Clockwerk Case Mods. Take care gents see you soon!