Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Project: Monolith.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: Project: Monolith.

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    Looks great! Sorry about the LED strips, that sucks, but it still looks fantastic the way it is now.
    I agree. Honestly these strips are so bright that they saturate the whole case even without the other bits. I would still like to have the ones in the front panel for a little more lighting there, perhaps I'll revisit that some time since it's not particularly hard to access. Though now there are a bunch of hard drives and fans and cables in the way of the old routing path :p

Next upgrade hopefully is going to be a VGA cooler. I have been looking at AIO W/C stuff in 120mm and debating mounting the radiator down on the PCI slot covers since the GPU is so far away from any other normal fan mount.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I agree. Honestly these strips are so bright that they saturate the whole case even without the other bits..
    Why not use a pot or rhetostat to knock off your desired voltage, take a reading of what the voltage is at the particular brightness you want. and solder in a equivalent resistor ( or just leave the knob lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    Why not use a pot or rhetostat to knock off your desired voltage, take a reading of what the voltage is at the particular brightness you want. and solder in a equivalent resistor ( or just leave the knob lol)
    the strips are adjustable brightness out of the box. Buttons on the remote Plus I can turn it on and off.

It's not "too bright", and I like that I can adjust it. Computer stays on at night so it's kind of nice to choose a color, find a good brightness and then go to sleep. Last night was a dim purple 'cause the girlfriend was over and she likes purple. Usually it's blue.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    IT's like rocking with your sidpanel off, but quieter and cleaner looking
    I guess that's why it appeals to me so much, my side panel has been off for months now
    TheMainMan

Quote Originally Posted by TheMainMan View Post
    I guess that's why it appeals to me so much, my side panel has been off for months now
    I ran with the sidepanel on my Stacker off but decided to at least set it against the case cause of my dog :-P

Okay so what's a decent gaming rig without good controls?

In a few days I'll be receiving a CM Storm Quickfire Pro keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches, a Grifiti Fat wrist pad, and a SteelSeries big mouse pad. Final pictures of my battlestation will be posted once I receive all that new goodness and tidy up my desk for the camera.