Thread: core temp problems can you help

Default core temp problems can you help

Hi I would like some help I had written this in another thread about watercooling but did not get a reply. so here is the problem I live in south korea where the room temps and humidity are very high, I was using the best air cooler that I could get here, on my intel chip ( PD 3.2 ) but the problem was that because of the dust and humidity I had to clean the fan every few days or the core would reach temps like 85 c with a load and about 45 with no stress. So I bought the thermaltake tai chi watercooling case and this has helped a lot but really because of the room temps I am still getting core temps of about 55 under stress and 40 with no load. so my question is this: What do you think about the waterblock ( thermaltalke volcano 4005 ) with the rad built in added to the system ? would this help me get the core temps down some more? right now I am not adding the chipset to the loop but would like too.

i Use the thermaltake tide water plus to cool the GPU's I have the crossfire x1900xtx and the master card to match and the temps there are ok.

I would like some advice if anyone could help.

thanks

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: core temp problems can you help

Pentiums run pretty hot. I'd say you're safe, heat-wise if it doesn't shut down.

Of course, WCing is always a good idea.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

If your worry is stability, watercooling would definitely help. It's higher maintenance and a little more cost, but it would benefit you.

If you have such high humidity and heat issues, aren't you worried about rusting? Or do you not use steel cases?

If you can I would suggest having a computer room with some type of outside cooling source. A window air unit does wonders cooling down a room with a few computers in it.

I do what I can to cool the rooms for the computers I am running but the dust is so fine it blows in from China and there is little anyone can do.
    As I said I have the tai chi water cooling case and water cooling system.

my question is what do you think of the thermaltake volcano 4005 waterblock and if I was to add a 90mm fan on it and beef up air flow through the case would I get a better temp from my cpu?

thanks

Sounds like your only option with the dust is microfiber filtration.

The Thermaltake looks like a good heatpipe setup.

The cooler air question is a matter of pressure mostly. If you have a system that has more air coming in than going out, you've built a negative pressure system.

This system has a tendency to put more dust on your components, but has enough airflow to cool down almost anything. The only thing you need to look out for in a negative pressure system is deadspots. If you have deadspots, you have to find a way for air to flow or else you will get stagnant air flow and the deadspot will become warm fairly quickly and have no way of cooling down.

If it's the other way around, you will have more dust near your intakes, slower air patterns, and slightly more stagnancy with airflow. Typically with a positive pressure system you're going to experience less airflow, but less chance of overheating deadspots.

Summation: Buy the heatpipe wc block, slap the highest cfm 80mm fan you can find, and your system should be cool and stable with routine maintence.

so great I buy the thermaltake volcano 4005 water block and add that to the system and add the fans. do I also need to get a bigger pump? the one that come with the tai chi is not that powerful only 97L/P

ps we don't use steel cases here only aluminum so no the the rust

The only way to tell if you need a new pump is testing. Hook the system up, run it under load for a day or two and look at your temps. If you're still not happy with how warm something is, increase your rad and pump size and try again. That should cool it down. Only other way is to increase tubing size and that's a bit more involved and complicated.

I hope I've helped.

thanks for your help. by the way. from my point of view it would be easier to change the size of the tubing then to change the pump and rad. not to memtion getting parts here for water cooling is very hard they just don't use watercooling in south korea but then again most of my pc was ordered not from here. so the other question is that if I get a better temp reading after adding the themaltake volcano waterblock do you think I could add the chipset to the loop? and maybe even the ram? use the koolance ram water cooler ?