Thread: Glass Blowing

Default Glass Blowing

It has been a while since i bought my armor tower and i just purchased the new 25cm fan window. and now i am deciding that i want change it up a bit :-). I have an older friend who owns a glass shop and is fairly skilled in glass blowing. so what i want to do is replace the plexiglass with a flat sheet of blown glass and then where the fan is, take it out and replace it with a glass blown res. :-)

is the photoshop mockup of what i am thinking...

If anyone has any advice as to how to attach the res to the rest of the panel that would be fabulous

Default Re: Glass Blowing

Well i could see that being extremly cool! BUt how would you add hose connectors to somthing that cant be threaded?
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

no need for them, he just has to say to his friend to blow the res and make the fitings strech from the res it self
    Am I wrong

LOUD AND PROUD !

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Nice photo shop skills

How are you going to attact the glass to the panel? If the glass sheet is thick it will be quite heavy.
    Need a sig

As far as how im going to attach it im not Fully sure but the side panel witht he fan has about an inch wide plastic that extrudes back from the panel to hold in the fan which i am hoping will work that way. and as for the hoses i have no idea what to tell him so if you can explain more so as to what you were suggesting that would be awsome. I should have the glass sheet that is going in place of the plexi soon and their will be holes in the same spots that their are on the plexi and ill use some form of rubber screw or bolt or something so that it looks nice but is in place. I would have had more time this week to work on it but i spent my time working at one of the firework stands on the rez this week... which if your 15-19 is a great way to make money in a short amount of time :-)

Peace be to you all
    Squishy

Quote Originally Posted by simon275
    Nice photo shop skills

How are you going to attact the glass to the panel? If the glass sheet is thick it will be quite heavy.
    I knowi know no double post lol.. BUT i completly missed part of that.

And in terms of if its heavy. that is more then ok because this is not a computer i move around much at all. This is the computer that will be in my office for work once i get my building space and all that :-). So if it weighs a lot that is fine.

Also regarding weight, if you ever do feel the need to move it, casters are an easy way to move it. That is, if you're not going through shag carpeting or anything.

I like the idea though, a glass res sounds cool. And what GT40 said, having the fittings extend out a little would be an easy (well, easier) way to attach the hoses.