Thread: RE: custom build shops

Fresh Paint

Default RE: custom build shops

My parts-list is nearing completion, I'll then begin buying components, and should have everything ready to go by early Spring 2014. Would like to ask if anyone can recommend an excellent custom-build shop within reach of B.A.R.T. trains (San Francisco, Concord, Fremont, or Richmond)? Thanks!

Default Re: custom build shops

Not putting your build together yourself?

My shop is not close to bart (we are in San Jose), but I second Stonerboy's feelings about not putting it together yourself. Quite the easy task and if you have any questions or problems we can help you here.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

@ Airbozo: You have a custom build shop? I'd be interested in dropping by sometime for fun.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    @ Airbozo: You have a custom build shop? I'd be interested in dropping by sometime for fun.
    Most of what we do are high end systems (medical devices, custom compute solutions, etc), but I have done several custom gaming rigs for some of our customer's engineers and high end workstations for companies like VMware, Celco, etc. I have designed a couple of chassis and simple face plates along with bezels for supermicro systems.

I would be happy to show you what we do here if you are interested. That offer is open to anyone in the area. We are a small shop (~15 people), but we make magic happen.

Just let me know when, so we can coordinate.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Stonerboy779 View Post
    Not putting your build together yourself?
    Not mechanically inclined, never done it before, and will have too much invested in the components to risk a screw up. May be cowardly, but prefer to leave this to pros that actually know what they're doing.

Depending on what you're offering, and how much work it is, I may or may not be available. I'm not near BART though... I'm out in Morgan Hill. Could always meet up somewhere. I'm also always looking for an excuse to go exploring up in SF area, so could combine the trip.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin