Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Motherboard

Default Re: New Motherboard

Maybe Windows doesn't like one of your parts. Download the LiveCD of Ubuntu (or another free OS) and try installing that and if you still get an error, at least you'll know it's not Windows being dumb.

Edit: Also, did you have to skip any steps in your install? (Like they didn't want to install) When I installed Windows, I had to skip a few things, but it still worked. If you skipped something critical to running Windows, then the install may have completed, but it still might not work.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Maybe the hardrive itself if dodgy and only works with some systems. I have heard of problems like this with DFI boards you should have gone with the ASUS. Any way if its underwarranty bite the bullet and send it back. Also check the jumpers. Hmm yeah one work around could bego with Maleficus and install Ubuntu then download the latest mobo drives and bios and flash the bios on your mobo and update it. Then try and reinstal windows.

Hope this helps
    Need a sig

Anodized

ok guys, i downloaded the live cd of ubuntu and installed it but still got the same problem, and i tried doing this on another hdd to but still the same problem. also now i cant boot from a floppy coz it also gives me a DISK BOOT FAILURE.

ATX Mental Case

It sounds to me like its a conflict between your hard-drive and your motherboard. What kind of hard drive are you using? sata or pata? and what brand? I would try using a different hard-drive in your system and install it on that. If I'm not mistaken thats the only thing you haven't tried.