Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Motherboard

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: New Motherboard

Um.. I don't think so, the board comes sli ready doesn't it. The only thing you might have to is update the bios and chipset drivers. In fact, the nforce chipstet was the first to use sli. (funny how this is a two man thread )

Quote Originally Posted by monoflap
    funny how this is a two man thread
    I guess you're the only one who knows enough about it

ATX Mental Case

Lol im not that experienced, I just take the time to look up things I don't know .

Anodized

ok got a new motherboard, put it in, installed xp 64 bit and now when i turn the pc on it does its boot checking the ram etc then i get a message saying "DISK BOOT ERROR, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" then when i out the xp 64 bit disk in and press enter nothing happends. ive installed 64 bit twice now but the same thing happens. The boot order is HDD, None, None,

Mobo: DFI LanParty UT SLi Expert

Anyone know why this happens?

Try having the boot order start with your CD drive. Then it will start with the CD drive and read your disc. I had the same problem installing regular XP and when I put the first drive to boot as the CD drive it was fine. After you have XP installed you can put it back to your HDD. I'm pretty sure this will work. Hope this helps.

Anodized

****ing PC'S. I put the XP disk in and it says press any button to boot so i do then it says inspecting pc's hardware then the pc turns off. Im thinking CPU overheating or a GPU problem. I know my GPU is a bit dodgy im sending it to BFG tomorow, but do you think the GPU is cauing it to turn off?

I'm not really sure. I would think that if you had a hardware error, it would tell you instead of shutting off right away. Are you just losing a connection with your monitor, or is your whole system shutting off? Who knows, it just might be your GPU. Is everything hooked up properly? There also might be an answer on the DFI forums - www.dfi-street.com. Maybe check there too.

ATX Mental Case

I remember one time my computer booted but incredibly slow. I found it was a ribbon cable that wasn't in all the way. One word of advice: Before digging in, check the obvious things first.
    Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus.
    I would think that if you had a hardware error, it would tell you instead of shutting off right away.
    Actually, I've found it to be the opposite. Usually when a part overheats, the computer shuts itself down right away to protect itself. If it is an overheating issue, the computer wouldn't be consistant in how far it got in the instaliation. Try waiting a while so it can to cool down and see what happens. This might sound stupid, but make sure the CPU heatsink is on all the way and you applied thermal paste (it happens to the best of us). Hope this helps somewhat, sry to hear you're having trouble .

Anodized

another bloody problem now. After finding out it was the GPU overheating i went into the windows install to install windows, the install completed and then i got an error on the boot up saying DISK BOOT FAILURE, PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

I Have tried installing XP again
    I have used a different install disk
    I have used different IDE cables
    The HDD is set to Master and on the master IDE
    The HDD is detected in the BIOS
    I have tried the HDD as first boot and second boot with CD as first boot(NO CD IN DRIVE)
    I have reset the CMOS

I have put the HDD in another PC and installed XP successfuly with my instalation CD but when i put the HDD back in my PC i still get the DISK BOOT FAILURE.

Any Suggestions?

ATX Mental Case

What kind of hard drive is it? Also, did the other computer get in to windows or did it just install correctly? This may sound stupid but you could try using the cd drive from the other that worked computer. Other than that, mabey its a wrong jumper, or a bad mobo.