Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: 775 Motherboard

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: WTB: 775 Motherboard

Do you have a model for the board? Price?

Might be easy enough to mod the back of the case to fit, lol. Cut... Cut.. flip.. drill.. rivit.. done? lol I'd be interested if d_stilgar doesn't take it.

No luck on the pm d_stilgar?

Thanks,
    Outlaw

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Sorry, just saw the PM.

I really don't have time to be messing with a BTX board and I'm not sure how much of the BTX case I have is there, so I'm not really that interested, so it's all yours Outlaw.

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

The more I look into this board the more disappointing it's looking. Board is out of a Dell PowerEdge SC430. Not entirely sure that it adheres to the BTX format entirely but the layout of the back panel matches. I/O shield is actually part of the case so it would likely need some custom work. While trying to find out if it is BTX compliant I found out that it only supports up to a Pentium D (800MHz FSB). The release notes for the BIOS updates only list support for new steppings and not new CPUs so I doubt it would take even a Q6xxx series CPU. Most of the specs can be found here, though there are some updates that they haven't added.
    TheMainMan

Custom Title Honors

Thanks for looking.

Like you said, i don't think it is going to be worth the effort to make it work in a case. d_stilgar is going to ship me his board. Hopefully it works, otherwise I may just look to fleabay.

Thanks everyone!
    Outlaw

**UPDATE**
    Board/s found.

Thanks for the help everyone!

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::