Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations For a New USB Flash Drive?

Default Re: Recommendations For a New USB Flash Drive?

Well there is this USB
    http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extrem.../dp/B008AF383S

Blue LED and a more compact size that should allow it to sit side by side with another drive.

Edit: Oh and it has some of the best write speeds going for a USB 3.0 drive especially one that is very competitively priced for performance.

I'll just throw this one in the ring. I have one and love it. 32Gb and it's always on me since I always have my keys.

http://www.amazon.com/LaCie-PetiteKe...ords=petitekey

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Stonerboy779 View Post
    Well there is this USB
    http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extrem.../dp/B008AF383S

Blue LED and a more compact size that should allow it to sit side by side with another drive.

Edit: Oh and it has some of the best write speeds going for a USB 3.0 drive especially one that is very competitively priced for performance.
    That is an impressive drive, but it still is not as impressive as the Kingston or Patriot drives, in terms of transfer speeds, so it does not appeal to me, but I do thank you for your suggestion, however.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

Have you seen an actual review of its transfer speeds?

Marginally less read speed but faster writes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonerboy779 View Post
    Have you seen an actual review of its transfer speeds?

Marginally less read speed but faster writes.
    Are you saying that that is a significant factor in deciding which drive to purchase?
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

Well you pointed out that "in terms of transfer speed" it wasn't as impressive. I am just saying that there isn't anything wrong with the speed and that the writes are very good.

It appeared that to you it was a signifigant factor along with the size and activity light *shrug*

To revive this thread, what about the Kingston Ultimate drives? They may not be quite as fast as are the Kingston HyperX drives, but they are still extremely fast, are far less expensive per gigabyte, and have other features that appeal to me, such as a durable aluminum casing, an LED to indicate activity, and a sliding mechanism, rather than a cap, which can be lost. Overall, they seem to be the ideal for me at this point in time. What feedback can anyone else here offer me in regards those drives?

So, I finally purchased a new USB flash drive, and I chose the Kingston Datatravel Ultimate 32GB model, but I purchased it from Amazon.com, as it was a full $10 less expensive there than it was at Newegg.com, meaning that it was slightly less than $1.00 per gigabyte, which is an excellent bargain, in my mind. When I receive it, I shall post my thoughts about it.