Thread: processor temp

Fresh Paint

Default processor temp

hello i have a question for someone , ihave an intel 975x mo bo and an intel 930d dual core processor, and i am using an arctic cooler freezer pro 7 after market cooler. well i have read reports from users that their processor temps at idle using this cooler i am using to be around 41c and my readings on my intel desktop utilities program is 54c and when i play a dvd movie i am at 61c. i used arctic silver 5 thermal paste and applied as instructed. i also have plenty of case fans going. do you think my temps for my system are high or normal, if high any ideas on lowering them? thanks for any advice.

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: processor temp

hmmmmm.... I don't know temps for Intel so I won't be much help... but Water Cooling is always an option (pricey, but an option) or AMD (also Pricey to change setups) but from what I've heard your temps aren't horrible, I guess they could be expected with Intel stuff. But don't listen to me I don't know everything... especially not about Intel
    Visit my site --> Kansas City LAN and Tech Promo Site <--

Asus A8R-MVP
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (2.64ghz)
    ATI Saphire Radeon X1600 Pro x2 crossfire
    Corsair Twinx2048-3500LL

Fresh Paint

I'm not exactly sure, but I can go from my reference. I have an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ and it runs from 40 degrees C - 50 degrees C. I think I've heard somewhere that Barton cores run pretty hot. Intels I have read run a little cooler. On an Intel, 61 C under load with all those fans and the artic silver seem kinda suspicious to me. Other than that...I don't know. Has your system crashed any?

ATX Mental Case

its more than likely your sensors arnt reporting properly if you have done everything you say correctly (make you sure you didnt use TOO much actic silver, sometimes too much is as bad as none at all) If it is your sensors you could try a bios update on your mobo. That might help.

61degrees is above average but as long as your below 70 your ok.

I have a P4, 775 3GHz running at 3.153GHz And a cooler master hyper 6+ cooler and my temps are 22 celcious at ide and 30 at full load.

To test for 100%cpu i ran the fallowing programs at the same time:
    Movie played in winamp
    Norton virus scan
    Rendered an ultra high quality image with apophysis

As reported by ASUS AI Booster.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Dazza_1981

stop complaining, i paid for an amd, and thats all i got...... with intel you get a free bbq .... on a serious note, thats running way to hot, do you have a small case or large case ?, when i was running a intel chip a had to have a wind tunnel basicly, other wise it runs to hot, you will hear this from every1
    cooling is most important, spend the extra dosh on cooling weather it be water cooling or extra fans, if you can spare around $40 bux (aussie dollar)
    you can set up a wind tunnel basicly a fan sucking air in (front) and a larger fan at the (back) sucking it out, that will help alot, also maybe spend a few buxs on a chipset fan, that can also help... im running amd 3700+ @2.8 with stock cpu cooler, but with a wind tunnel effect and cpu under full load is only hitting 35 max... anyway good luck