Thread: Noob problem with LED in Circuit.

Default Noob problem with LED in Circuit.

Hey there modders.
    This isn't a PC mod I'm afraid, but I'm hoping you guys can help me, I am trying to add about 20 LED's to my Turntable, I have already tried to cut one of the wires inside and add an led and resistor into there, the LED turns on, but it stops some of the buttons from working, NOT GOOD O_o

I'm adding the LED's into a Technics 1210, I have a service manual for it with circuit diagrams at http://www.jellyfire.com/manual.pdf.zip if you wanna check it out. I can also get pictures of the insides. I am using a 5mm 3.2v (3.5 max) rr20mA LED with 12v resistors that came with it.

Here is what I will be wiring it into: (I already tried snipping one of the yellow wires, comming from the main board)...

Any help would be much apreciated as I want to finish this project by the weekend before I move house

Cheers

Default Re: Noob problem with LED in Circuit.

Your using 12v resistors but have you checked your connection points are 12v with a multimeter?

Personally i would try and connect the led's to the motor so they would dim when the rotation slowed. Ravers would love that.

I just looked at the manual and it is 13.5-14 volts depending on the area purchased
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Thanks for your reply Cana-Balistic!!!
    I haven't, and don't know how to check if my connection points are 12v with multimeter.
    To be honest I haven't touched stuff like this forabout 8 years when I was at school, so I know nothing on the subject. I would prefer the lights not to dim to be honest I don't use the pitch anyway as I don't play music that is usually beatmatched.

Thanks for having a look at it, if you could advise from here where to go with it I can have a go today, as I said, I can wire an LED in with the resistor to the wire coming off the main board at the bottom left near the big blue component. The light works, but stops the 33/45 buttons from opperating.

Any help much appreciated!!!
    Niietzshe

OK, since we know the turntable is 14v and not 12v. My sugjestion would be to get a 12v adapter and hook the led's to that. You could install a reciver port for the adapter so your not allways tote-ing around a clunky adapter.

Another solution would be to get 14v resistors. Do you got a radioshack neer by?

Thank you for the reply again!
    I don't know what you mean in the first paragraph, but Yes I could get some 14v resistors..

But my worry is this: I can get the LED to work fine, so I thought the resistors would be fine, but why is it interfearing with other components?
    Also I need to know the best place to wire them in and how..
    Check this out:
    http://www.12x0.de/project/english.htm

The rim of lights is what I'm trying to accomplish..
    In my picture on this post there are 3 wires at the top of the main board that at clamped down and has contact grease on it. I'm guessing this is some sort of ground. On Kaypes site, he attaches the LED's to this also.
    I mainly don't know where is best to wire it in...

Thanks again!!!
    niietzshe

the problem being is if your snipping a wire to power your LED's, what was it you nipped, there isn't normally spare power wires hanging about in a device. make sure your passing the current back to the orginal destanation.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

OK, heres a question only you can answer. When buddy made his it wouldnt work. He had to change the transformer with one from another series TT.

Do you know what transformer you have?

By adapter i meant: An adapter you would normally find powering a game boy or discman.