Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: creative troubles

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

Default Re: creative troubles

... still no sponsors
    tell me about it, i've noticed a general thing: you talk wwith the guy and wham when you say the magic word (sponsor) silence

... and headaches
    that part I know so well

...i have to step back...
    well i think you could(should) take a break

LOUD AND PROUD !

Life is like an analogy...

well i HAVE taken a little time off just to sit back. wow... the things you can accomplish in daily life when you arent consumed by computer designs. i think im getting a new bike!

so anyways, back to business so to speak. i think ill work on waterblock stuff now. none of this danger den crap... i dont go that way. ive got me some 2" wide, .25" thick copper flatbar, and i intend to use it (once i figure out how to convert my drill press to a milling machine). for now, the first stage is designing though. no sense in doing this if i have no idea what the end result should be.

ill start work on a model tomorrow after school. hopefully it wont take too long.

on another note... the contest thread has been closed... i dont know who did it, dont care either. not that its important or anything... it can kind of fade away for the time being. i just thought id aknowledge the fact that someone maybe doesnt think too kindly of the direction im taking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

maximan1

I closed the thread because I was banned and didn't want people doing MY job.

I closed the thread because I was banned and didn't want people doing MY job.
    state your intentions then. dont just close the thread. from what i understand, you have good contact with butcher... you could have sent along a message through him saying not to touch anything. if im not mistaken... you're also going away soon... so it was sort of a collective decision that someone else needed to step in and get things back on track.

if you want control of the contest again, ill gladly give it up, i dont particularly LIKE the amount of trouble im going through to find sponsors, especially when i dont get any sort of response. i HAVE sunk a lot of time into it though, so i admit that ill be bummed out if you DO want it. maybe you have some sources you could draw on for better prizes though (ive been getting the general message that stickers might not be the most attractive).

so, by all means, take charge again... that leaves me more time to worry about my mod. no matter what happens... me and scotty are trying to get a logo done, so that will be soon(ish), and ill still stay as a judge if im needed.

now... getting back to the waterblock. maybe i wont finish tomorrow after all. i got a jump on it tonight, and the design i have in mind is a LOT of work. youll see what i mean... eventually.

<EDIT> after having thought about the contest a little more, ill give this advice for you maximan. dont act on impulses and just do things like close a thread. people have to know what you're planning, or else you wont get anyone entering, or volunteering to be a judge, or offering prizes.

dont take this as an attack. i just found out very quickly that everything has to be laid out clearly and definitively, and in most cases more than once. in my opinion, closing that thread wasnt a good move. i get the feeling it may have just buggered things up a bit. to say the least it kind of buggered me up because now i dont know where i stand in all this again, and a lot of work may end up getting nullified or redone for no reason now.

im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

now this aint right, you work youre ass off for this an he closes the thread.... not right

to get back to business, i realy wanna see that waterblock design(are you in that watercolling contest?)

LOUD AND PROUD !

now this aint right, you work youre ass off for this an he closes the thread.... not right
    ya im a little put off by that... it wasnt a very nice thing to do. it could mean a lot of wasted time on my part... but in all fairness, it was his idea in the first place, and he has the power apparently.

i have a couple tricks up my sleeve though, so dont lose hope on this yet.

to get back to business, i realy wanna see that waterblock design(are you in that watercolling contest?)
    no i dont think ill do that watercooling contest. i decided that i dont half-ass things, and i didnt really like the idea of being bound to ghetto style stuff. ill wait for another contest... one where i can exercise my need to rather excessive.

im working on this model now. fingers crossed, maybe tonight... maybe not.

must see ..resist, must resist must see, must

LOUD AND PROUD !

alright alright. you get it your way. i got through most of it.... and found out that its going to take a looooooooong time, so im leaving it like it is now. PICTURES!!!

so those are two views of it. reasonably simple design, although i bet its going to be a bugger to actually make.

and heres the secret to getting good cooling. the combination of the ridges and holes everywhere should give a pretty large surface area. i may deviate from the design eventually, but all my knowledge is telling me i probably wont improve on what i have too much. the wheels are still turning though... constantly.

so ya, you can imagine how retardedly long it would take to make all those holes in such a confined space... not worth the effort in my opinion when you can get your point across with just a small example.

lots of fun ahead still.

ATX Mental Case

Hey man nice block designs, i was looking to get some custom milled blocks myself. Shame my dad no longer works at a machine shop! Missed the opertuninty by about a week.

I too didnt want to go down the standard dangerden route, overpriced crap for what it is really, a piece of machined copper at the end of the day with a channel milled out of it.

I started on some sketchup designs, basiclly a flat piece of copper with a zig-zag channel milled from one end to the other and an O-ring grove around the outside that would seal the water in when the matching half was screwed onto it (probally made from plex)

I would post them but they wernt finished and i cant do with half assed drawings good luck with you mod though, im all for custom work. Hope you get sponsored soon bud.

Paul

hhhhhm.... i like it, it should work great, there's a lot of surface on it, do have some dimensions in mind for it ?

LOUD AND PROUD !