Thread: 5.25" mod

Default 5.25" mod

is there any way I would be able to order a 5.25" bay cage? for just one device perticularly I want to cut a space into the bottom of my case, and it would be nice to have a cage for easy removal and insertion of the device, preferably with the slide brackets from thermaltake...for some reason I cant e-mail thermaltake about it directly.

Dude...totally!

Default Re: 5.25" mod

i got a spare one sitting here next to me, its out of an old piece of crap case i chopped up, i never did end up using it for much. its pretty sturdy, unlike the case it came out of, except it holds 4 5.25 devices. and it happens to be neon green at the moment. don't ask, lol. anyways, i suggest either chopping up and old worthless case and stealing a drive bay out of it and cutting it to fit your needs, or just make your own out of a couple piece of scrap metal or even plexi. but if your interested, maybe we can work out some sort of arrangement for shipping my green one to you. it certainly wouldnt take those thermaltake easy slide mounting things though. youd have to settle with regular old mounting screws.