Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: liquid mod

Default liquid mod

I have an idea that I am not sure how I would turn it into reality. I want to create a sort of liquid or water efect trickling down the window, or really anything water related that appears to be moving liquid....if anybody has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: liquid mod

You could either use actual water (or UV reacitve liquid of your choice) in an acrylic container, or etch a water-esque design and get LED's, then make the LED's twinkle if you know what i mean.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

It's actually fairly easy to do, all you need is a 'slow' pump, some arcylic and time. If you need a hand in design, just say so.

to closely represent physically what is in my mind the actual water between two peices of plexiglass idea would be best, however something tells me that that is a bad idea, something about mixing water and electronics....yeah I know theres water cooling but generally it doesnt take up so much surface area, I dont know maybe its just me doubting the fact that I could make a fool proof water fall desighn within my case, whatever the case an led setup of somesort (like a meteor light or something) would be the most practical, easy and inexpensive but I cant think of a way to set it up to actually make it look like water in any way shape or form. it really has to do with the fact that a russian physicist put radioactive material in water and it gives off a glowing blue hue (Cerenkov radiation)....its along the lines of what the theme of my mod is.

I was thinking about isolating the water from the rest of the case, but you have a similar idea. When I do up the diagram for CBB, I'll do one for you.

I have another idea that ive seen once before but cant remember the site. Its kinda the same thing with the space between plexi but have air bubbles come up from the bottom. The case i seen was a clear acrylic case with lots of multi colored led's. It looked pretty sweet.

Dude...totally!

ever seen this before? im sure if you did something similar to this, without the plastic fishies of course, it would be somewhat safe. definately an awesome idea though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112097

Here is a rough sketch of my idea:

Dude...totally!

looks like itll be a pain to put together, but other than that, it looks like its a great design. might i suggest looking up a guide to making your own adhesive for the plexi. i think its just equal parts acetone and scrap plexi put into a glass jar and stirred once in a while, but i forget. i know thats the route i would go, considering all the scrap plexi i have laying around, but for your case it might be cheaper to buy real adhesive.
    btw, im curious, why frosted plexi behind the water? why not clear so you can see through the water and into the case somewhat?

The frosted plexi is the the scattering of LED light. But it's only a rough guide for it, it could be tinted, all clear, etc.

As for the part about it being a pain to assemble... the thought crossed my mind as well. I think the idea I had was putting in little channels in the side pieces.