Thread: FedEx

Default FedEx

So, today, on my walk home I saw a FedEx truck pull into my trailer park. I went home and there was nothing on my porch, no packages or notes.

So I go inside and look on my computer and it says that my packages are on a truck and that they are out for delivery. I figure I'll have them in 20 minutes max.

Three and a half hours later my wife gets home (at 3:10) and she drives me to the class I'm about to be late for. She then ships some stuff at USPS and comes home to find the a note. First delivery attempt at 3:22PM. What the heck! Did he just sit in the park all day waiting for me to leave? How could they have a system that drives them so close to a destination, then lets them drive all over town and come back to essentially the same place again? What a waste of time, energy, and money.

Oh well, they'll come again tomorrow.

Default Re: FedEx

surprisingly ups and dhl are all the same. The only carrier that has a normal common sense system is usps.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Well, I know that UPS has a pretty interesting system that optimizes delivery routes to reduce the distance between deliveries and eliminate as many left turns as possible.

I refuse to use FedEx for anything at all. I have told the stories several times before. I just moved recently and now the local ups driver will just leave stuff on the porch without even knocking, it is kind of perturbing.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

^Yes, UPS left my Acer monitor and 64GB SD card on the back porch... When the vehicle was in the driveway, and you had to walk in the driveway to get to the back porch. -_-
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Does all his own stunts mittelmeier's Avatar

The only time my FedEx or UPS driver knock is if the front door is open and I can see them walk up the stairs.

I should conclude this story by saying that they delivered my stuff yesterday. One item was broken, but it's definitely the fault of the Kohl's.com packing department. They think that they can wrap tons of fiestaware in a single piece of bubble wrap and throw it all in a large box and have nothing happen.

And . . . my two Lamptron FC10 units came. One has a tiny hairline crack in one of the tubes. Would have come that way from factory though, no way it happened in shipping. It's weird how beat up the shrink wrapped boxes look, like there are scratches and wear on them, but they are in shrinkwrap. It's just odd.

Still, they both work. I got one with hex mesh and one with square but I really don't mind. I had seen similar complaints from people and knew the odds were 50/50. For now, they will sit with my other tube computer components. I'm dreaming of a dieselpunk mod with all the stuff, but know I won't have the money to build it for a long while. But rare and hard to find computer parts sometimes disappear forever, like my three Musketeer III units, so I try and buy while I can and then hold on for later.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I had that once and was pissed. I was home the day it was supposed to arrive and was sitting in my living room with the door open. I had errands to run, but really needed to be there to sign for the package, so I waited. I had my laptop on with an internet tab opened to the page where my tracking info was. The truck never came, it never even passed the house. Later that day I refreshed the page and it said that they tried to deliver it but I wasn't there!!

ME!! IT'S MY FAULT!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    I had that once and was pissed. I was home the day it was supposed to arrive and was sitting in my living room with the door open. I had errands to run, but really needed to be there to sign for the package, so I waited. I had my laptop on with an internet tab opened to the page where my tracking info was. The truck never came, it never even passed the house. Later that day I refreshed the page and it said that they tried to deliver it but I wasn't there!!

ME!! IT'S MY FAULT!
    Pretty much what I went through, except they said the roads were not clear to deliver. I drove to the depot the trucks hadn't even been out that day. Picked up my package. Actually this happened to me twice.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”